Crappy Week!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by babewithbrains_14, Oct 18, 2005.

1. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

4 was a good year for me...my mom used to keep a journal of all the shenanigans that all three of us used to get up to, and I loved reading them and wondering over how stupid we all used to sound. My brother and I used to argue over what day of the week it was! But now....yeah, I've said this so many times in this thread. She also recorded us singing and yelling at each other... Sigh, how the years go by. And to think, I'm only 12 right now! I can just see myself as an 80 year old, yelling myself hoarse at the newspaper kid. *shudders*

Btw, anyone like my new avatar? I absolutely love this 'do!

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Cool 'do. I noticed it and don't remember seeing it in the list of avatars. Of course, I'm growing fond of my "anxious bug" avatar. Fits my self-image. ;)

3. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

I have a video of me when I was actually cute, long long time ago, with my blone hair and chubby cheeks and big smile, and I'm jumping about on my Dad's bed. I think I about 4 then. It starts off with me going de-de-de-de-de-dee-dah-dah-doh! Then predenting I'm the host of a gameshow. The last bit is me going; 'Right, everybody, you come up...' and then the tape cuts out. Cute though.

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Sadly, I only have one video of my kid. I could actually share it with y'all if you wanted because my BIL took it on his digital camera. She was sooooooo cute. Any takers? It's only 650K, not too long.

I just found out my Dad made my Mom a digital version of their wedding video! It's from 1962, no sound, in b&w. My brother says it's amazing just to see how everyone looked back then! A lot of those people are dead now.

I can't wait to see it.

Hold on to that video! They're such a wonderful way to remember "the way you were."

I love my hair too! It's salt-and-pepper now that I've stopped dyeing it, but no dye means the natural curl has come back. It's thick, wavy and lovely, and my husband thinks the silver is sexy. So do, actually. It suits me. I've always had nice hair.

Never had spots, but I think my daughter might have to fight that particular battle. I plan to take her to a dermatologist when she's older. With what they know these days, there's no reason for a kid to suffer from acne.

So, I've had it easy on those two fronts, but it took a long time for me to accept myself nonetheless. I always thought I was ugly, and now when I see pictures of myself I think, "what a shame. I was so cute!"

5. kuponutty

kuponutty Confused little moogle

Do all teens love their hair? I like mine at some times, but not most of the time. Chocolatey black, sort of shiny and not one brush or comb can get through it. I remember a video of me when I was about 4 (not that long ago!) and I found my brother's KitKat in his room and when he wasn't there, I was eating it and it was smeared all over my face, on the sheets and matress. Ugh, I was so embarrassed when I saw it! I've also got videos of my cravings: When I was about 2, my dad gave me a drink of ginger beer - I was hooked on it! When I was 1 and a half, my parents told me to say 'Dan Gao' (Chinese for cake) and I said 'Dao' (Chinese for knife!). That's how I came to love knives...

6. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Sigh.

I have never, ever liked my hair. When I was a teenager, "Big, Jacked Up Hair" was the thing, and I couldn't grow it out past my shoulders before it broke and split. It's not even a nice color, just a mousy medium brown. My father forbid me to lighten it or color it. Luckilly, he never heard of "Sun-In" and so I always drenched my hair with it while laying out in the sun (who heard of skin cancer in the 80's? Not me!), and the effects were subtle so Daddy couldn't see it.

Today, it's still too thin and breaks easilly. If I cut it short, with my round little face I look like a boy!! It's so fine it will not lay flat, nor will it curl the way I want it to. (I've been trying for years to wear the "flip" style, but it just comes off looking messy to me.)

7. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Kristal, you've given an exact description of my hair, except mine has grey in it now :rolleyes: . In the past couple of years I've gone for "highlights," which don't hide the grey hairs, just mix in with them. The highlights and the grey give my mousy brown a bit of personality which I'm happy with for now.

My daughter tried for years to persuade me to dye my hair but I resisted. She's done hers in so many different colors over the years I have no idea what color it really is. Since she lives in California now, it's blond. When she lived on the East coast it was black or dark brown.

8. MegRen

MegRen New Member

My hair is really thin and fine. It doesn't hold a curl unless I sleep in rollers and use Freeze and Shine (whoa--cheerleading flashback!). I've always wished I could see my hair all curly like I see in magazines, but I just can't pull of that "romantic look." I've tried hot rollers, but they leave my hair TOO curly for about 10 minutes until it falls, not to mention the horrible static electricity I end up with.

However, I do get my hair highlighted (although not regularly). When I was younger, I had really blond hair, but it has gotten darker as I've gotten older. Now it's a light brown color, which I hate, so I get blond highlights. :p

9. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

I think I'm detecting a pattern here... we all seem to have hair we can't do anything with..... been coloring my hair for several years now to keep the gray at bay... (I'm really not over 50, I'm really not...) anyhow it seem like I'm having to do it more and more frequently. I'm going to try a lighter shade to see if I can disguise the gray roots as it grows out.

10. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

11. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Not many do, which is why I'm glad I stumbled across Worldsims. When something funny happens in the game I can come here and tell people who know what I'm talking about. If I couldn't do that I think I'd burst. :D

12. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Yeah, the only face to conversation I ever had about the game was with my best friend who doesn't play, her son does. She was in hysterics because he'd managed to raise a little brood of kids and was so proud of them and ... then the social worker came and took them away :shocked: She thought it was highly amusing (although she had been a lot more compassionate with her son, whom she respected for demonstrating previously unexplored areas of responsibility). :rolleyes:

13. Sylla

Sylla New Member

You have my hair!!! Even down to being pale blonde as a kid, I lighten it now though, because it has gone an ashy kind of blonde... Actually, I wouldn't know what it's natural colour would be, been lightening it for the last 10 years...

We all need an outlet for the child within, playing the Sims happens to be mine (and most of everyone else here). When I let me sims play on the couch, I kinda want to do that too, but my kids would think that mummy has gone nuts, so I hold my self back :D . I'm lucky, my 3 sisters (2 older, 1 younger than me) also play the sims, so I can chat to them about it. One of them is going to be visiting on the weekend and is bringing the xbox and DS version of sims2 with her and I'm looking forward to it!

14. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

I have a PSP, and TS2 is coming out or that! Can't wait!