Dear Emmy

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Lynet, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Dear Emmy

Dear Emmy,

I miss you so much. Please come home for a visit. I understand why you were so eager to get away from this house and go to college. Aunt Kiara's ghost wouldn't leave you alone! How could she be so mean? Chasing you out of bed and scaring you so you couldn't get any sleep, all night long. She doesn't bother me very much, just once in a while. She wouldn't bother us at all if Mom and Dad would just get rid of her urn. It's still in the bathroom, where she died. It's floating. I took a picture. Do all urns float like that? Or is it just Aunt Kiara?

Uncle Drake misses her. I see him staring at her picture all the time. He just stares. It's creepy. And Dad is really weird these days. He's always jumping into the tub and playing pirates. Mom has a job now--art forger. What do art forger's do, Emmy? Mom says they copy art so everyone can share but can't you just take a picture?

We never spend any money around here except for the repair man, the maid (Remington is creepy, always talking to himself and mumbling) and the gardener who is very bad at his job. The flowers keep dying and we don't buy more.

What's the matter with the money, Emmy? Mom won't tell me. I hear them whisper about Grandpa Wynter. I never met Grandpa, but they say I should be careful because he's still around somewhere. I haven't seen his ghost, though.

Anyway, I gotta get ready for school. I'm being good and doing all my homework. Come and visit soon.

Love,
    Dalila
    (Your sister, don't forget)

ps. Emmy, I'm sending a picture of me, too. Send me one of you, please.

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Dear Dalila,

College is great. I've made a couple of friends--Juan Sartor and Karen Gast. Can't decide how to wear my hair yet. Look at my pictures and let me know what you think :p . Juan's OK but isn't the tall, dark and handsome one of my dreams. I'll let you know later about that.

Miss you too, little sister. I'll invite you over as soon as I get settled better. Registration, term papers, a lot of stuff to take care of first.

Hey, they have a set of drums here! Got a picture me playing the drums! Maybe I'll join a band.

Going to miss class. Gotta run.

Bye,
    Emmeline

3. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

More, please! I love this kind of sim story! Nice job.

5. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Dear Emmy,

We've moved! We've moved! I'm so happy with my new room. It has four windows with lace curtains. And yellow carpet. And a new lamp.

And Aunt Kiara's ghost doesn't bother us anymore. She was so bad, keeping all of us awake at night. I was so, so tired, Emmy. Three times she scared me in my bed one night, so I crawed into bed with Mom while Dad was downstairs watching TV. Aunt Kiara woke us both up. That was the last straw for Mom. She was so mad. She wanted to get rid of Aunt Kiara's urn but we couldn't figure out how to move it outside. She decided that moving us out instead would take care of the problem. It did. Aunt Kiara's urn and ghost are gone. I think she's still in the old country house, all alone. It's sad. But she really wasn't being very nice.

Uncle Drake isn't happy. The movers lost his painting of Aunt Kiara, but I can tell that he thinks about her alot. Also Emmy, he got out a funny costume of a Llama and put it on the day we moved. He looked so goofy walking around the new house like that. Mom was annoyed. She told him to go change his clothes.

I also heard Mom and Dad talking about Grandpa Wynter when they thought I was just watching TV. He moved with us. How can that be, Emmy? What are they talking about? There's no urn or ghost for him.

Can I come and visit Emmy? Please? Call me on the telephone.

Love, Dalila
    (I'm getting bigger every day. Soon I'll be almost as big as you.)

6. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Hi, Sis!

Did you have fun yesterday, visiting me at the dorm? Isn't it the just the greatest place? There's always something happening, people coming and going. I went to the gym this morning and worked out for a while, then jumped into the pool there. Then I worked on my term paper and did homework and went to class. I'm exhausted!

One of my professors is named Robin King (neat name.) She's a great teacher. You know, I bet Uncle Drake would like her. What do you think? Should I bring her home for a visit?

I also met a guy down at the coffee shop who was sort of cute. Nice tan. Red hair. When he smiled I felt mushy inside. I've never felt like this before. We're going to meet at the library tomorrow and do some research together. His name is Alon Livingston and he said he used to deliver newspapers in the city.

Hey, Sis. Send me some pictures of the new house. I won't be able to come home for a little while because I'm studying for exams. Here's a picture of my friend Karen and the one of you and me talking that Karen snapped on the porch.

Hugs,
    Emmeline

7. slimsim

slimsim Often-Idle Member

Hmm, I am moving this to Forum Games. Why? Because It has the potential of other people being able to join in on it.

8. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Most curious :) but as you wish. Meanwhile,

Dear Emmy,

Today we went to church and Uncle Drake is getting more and more strange. We all got in the taxi OK as you can see because I snapped a picture of Uncle Drake in his church suit. We were all dressed up. When we got out of the taxi at church, Uncle Drake was dressed in his Llama costume! I snapped another picture. Mom was really upset. I asked her why Uncle Drake was behaving that way and she just tapped a finger to the side of her head.

Poor Uncle Drake. He really misses Aunt Kiara. I'm afraid he's going to go away soon to be with Aunt Kiara in heaven. That's what Dad thinks, too. I will miss him because he is funny. And he reads to me all the time. I really don't need anyone to read to me because I can read books myself, but he makes his voice squeaky or deep for the characters in the book and it's very fun, almost as good as television.

Tell me more about this guy Alon that you met. Did you meet him at the library and find out more about him?

Oh, I've also enclosed a picture postcard of Baltimore that I bought at Epstein's on Saturday. You can put it on the wall in your room.

Love,
    Dalila

9. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

more! more! I'm loving it...

10. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Dear Dalila,

He's just GREAT! Yes, we met at the library and he's so SMART. He helped me with my math homework. So CUTE. I am just melting. When we finished our homework we just hung out together, talking about city life and school, drinking coffee. He's living in one of the big dorms--16 rooms! It's known around here as The Beast because it's so big and ugly. He hates it there. The other residents leave the bathrooms cruddy and the student lounge a mess. A couple of them almost never take showers and walk around stinking up the halls. His friend, Ivy (I'm going to have to meet her and see what kind of friends they are--I mean, are they, like, really close?). Anyway, his friend Ivy likes cleaning things. She's always doing it, he says, and she keeps the bathroom near their rooms pretty clean.

He wants to move out of that dorm but doesn't have enough money to rent a house yet. I mentioned, carefully casual and as if it didn't matter to me one way or another, that my dorm was small and that I knew a couple of the students were moving out.

I'm crossing my fingers. By the way, please don't bother Mom with any of this. She'd just worry and there's NOTHING to worry about. OK, Sis? You're on my side, aren't you.

By the way, isn't your birthday coming up. What does the family have planned? Let me know.

Love
    Emmy

11. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Dear Emmy,

We're having a party next Saturday. This is your official invitation. I expect you. Can you find Sheila Mae and Griffin. Mom wants them to come to. She hasn't seen them in ages although she talks to them on the phone all the time. I don't care whether they come or not, even if they are our big brother and sister. They never call me or write me the way you do. Mom says it because they are so much older and moved away to college before we moved to the country house. That was before I was born. What are they doing in college so long? How long does college take? I'm tired of going to school all the time. I don't think I want to bother with college.

I'll see you next Saturday.

Love,
    Dalila

Hi, Sis,

I'll be there Saturday and so will Sheila Mae and Griffin. They're nice, really, just kind of ... well ... serious people. They knew Grandpa Wynter before he died, and Aunt Kiara, too. They grew up in the mansion when family times were happier. I think, maybe, they were spoiled by it all, so if they seem a little unfriendly it's only because they're sad about losing all of that. As for what they're doing so long at college, I'm not sure. I guess they're just avoiding the rest of the world for now. We'll have fun, Saturday.

Also, BIG news. Alon and his friends moved into my dorm. We flirted a little yesterday. I've got exams coming up and it's so hard to concentrate with him nearby. I still don't know how he feels about Ivy. I'm going to make friends with her and see what she thinks of him.

I took a picture of him and also of his friend Randy. Alon is the guy with red hair, of course. Isn't he fabulous?

See you soon,
    Emmy

12. Lynet

Lynet New Member

email
    to: Emmeline@*****.***

Emmy, I think you should try to make Randy your boyfriend and not Alon. I think Randy looks better. Are you bringing them to the party?

13. surprised_by_witches

Ooh, I disagree. Alon is quite handsome.

This is so much fun! Keep writing ...

14. Lynet

Lynet New Member

(thanks for the encouragement, SBW and Michelle. I'm having fun, except when "Uncle Drake" cries. It actually brings tears to my eyes *sniff*)

Dear Emmy,

I had so much fun at the party. I was hoping you'd bring Alon and Randy. Since they couldn't come I want to come over to Le Tour for a visit and meet them. I want to meet Randy. In the meantime tell me about him.

I've included a picture of you, Griffin and Sheila Mae all together, talking in the back yard after the party. Sure, Griffin and Sheila are OK. Sheila has called me a couple of times since Saturday, to see how I'm doing, she says.

Mom wanted me to put in the picture of me in the dress she bought me for my birthday. I don't much like it. Too pink! I wanted jeans.

Also, Emmy, I don't understand why Mom seems especially nice to Uncle Drake these days. She used to just roll her eyes and act annoyed with him all the time. She's changed. I was playing with my camera and came up behind her talking to him in the living room after they came in from swimming. Uncle Drake was crying, Emmy! They talked for a while, very quietly. I didn't hear what they said because I was cleaning up for supper.

I don't suppose you know what's going on. I don't like to see Uncle Drake so unhappy. I think I'll go and watch TV with him now.

Love,
    Dalila

15. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Dear Dalila,

Griffin and I were real glad to see you Saturday. What a surprise at how beautiful you've become. I know you don't remember our visits from when you were very small but we did come by the country house sometimes to visit with all of you. It was before Aunt Kiara died.

Griffin and I and your cousin Egan have rented a house next to the college. We thought you might want to come over for the weekend for a visit. You may want to go to school here someday, after you've taken care of the terms of Grandpa Wynter's will, that is. The estate is in your hands, Dalila, and we're counting on you.

But that's nothing to worry about now. So how do you like Dad's car? How long has he had it? Since he got into the Hall of Fame, maybe? Send me a picture. I'd like to show it to my friend Marcel. He talks about cars alot.

Oops. Egan has dinner ready and no patience for cousins who come to the table late. Might not be any left for me.

Love,
    Sheila

16. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Dear Sheila,

Here's the picture of Dad's car. Now you have to tell me about this will of Grandpa Wynter. I don't know anything about it. I'm not going to ask Mom and Dad because now I'm mad at them for never telling me about this. Please explain it to me. Soon!

Waiting,
    Dalila

17. surprised_by_witches

Oooh ... the plot thickens. :D

18. Lynet

Lynet New Member

We hope :p
    Dear Dalila,

Sorry I've been so long in getting back to you. I've just started seeing a lot of a guy who's quite sweet and very shy. His name is Marcel. I remember him from the dorm we lived in for a while. I was always tripping over him just outside my door there. Now he's calling and showing up at the house. The more I get to know him, the more I like him. But you never really know someone until you live with them, isn't that right? Anyway, we'll see.

As to your question about the will-- Mom and Dad have a handle on the details but the gist of it is, the entire estate goes to charity unless you remain with Mom and Dad. You can't move out, even to go to college, as long as they are alive. You can get married, but your husband has to move in with you and Mom and Dad. If you abide by the terms of the will then all four of his grandchildren inherit a share of the estate. You get the greatest share, of course.

Why you? Because you are Mom's last born child. Grandpa Wynter didn't know you. He didn't know Emmeline, either. He thought Griffin would be her last child because it was such a difficult birth for her. But in his will he didn't say Griffin, he just referred to the last grandchild born.

It's because of Elizabeth, of course. He could never understand why she would run away, why any child so loved would walk away from her family. He didn't want his other daughter, our Mom, to be abandoned in that way by any of her kids.

I don't remember much of Elizabeth, Mom's younger sister. Here's a picture I saved. Elizabeth would be much older now. I'll always wonder if she's still with that guy she ran away with. Hide this from Mom, please. It might upset her.

Talk to you later. In fact, I'll call you in a day or two, OK?

Love,
    Sheila

P.S. Wouldn't it be interesting if Elizabeth had a child younger than you are. I don't think we want to know the answer to that. What a mess that would be.

19. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Dear Emmy,

A letter is so much slower than email but Mom uses the computer all the time and I don't want her to know what I've been talking to you and Sheila Mae about.

I've been talking to Sheila about Grandpa Wynter's will. I've always wondered what the big secret with Grandpa Wynter was all about and now Sheila has told me that it has to do with his will and that I'm obligated, because of it, to stay here with Mom and Dad forever. FOREVER, Emmy! I love them and all that, but Leila Cox and I have been talking about sharing an apartment together after we finish school and get jobs.

And now I've heard about an Aunt Elizabeth that no one ever mentioned before, EVER. And it's all her fault.

Well, Emmy, I don't care about Grandpa's money and estate. I can take care of myself and so can you, Sheila Mae and Griffin. Charities are good things to give money to, right?

Anyway, I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with Mom and Uncle Drake. I saw another strange thing the day before yesterday. I was in Patterson Park with Leila, snapping pictures of flowers, when I saw this. Take a look. What would Uncle Drake--in his Llama suit--and Mom be doing there lying on the grass? Tell me what you think, Emmy.

Also, tell me how you like my new hair style. Leila and I did it, streaks and all. Leila says it makes me look a lot older and more sophisticated. It would be better if I could get contact lenses instead of glasses but Mom's not going to go for that yet.

Love from you very confused little sister,
    Dalila

20. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Hi, Sis!

Things are good here.

Sheila Mae is an idiot. And you can tell her I said so. Never mind. I'm going to tell her so myself!

In the meantime, after final exams which are in a couple of days, I'm going to come home for a visit. We'll bake a layer cake. We'll hang out. We'll check out your new hairdo (looks real cute in your picture), we'll talk about boys, I'll meet Leila, we'll have fun.

And we'll see what we can figure out about Grandpa Wynter AND Uncle Drake, that old rascal, who's worrying you so much these days. He's old enough to know better.

Stop worrying, Sis.

Love, Emmy