Dear Emmy

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Lynet, Aug 20, 2005.

1. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

So, is he alive or dead?

Great storytelling, Lynet. Very creepy and atmospheric, with great pictures to back it up.

2. PlayLives

PlayLives Member

Does this mean he is going to be a ghost haunting the house?

3. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Wow, yes, a LOT of drama! Vampires make the worst ghosts, by the way. They scare practically each sim in the family everynight! :(

4. Lynet

Lynet New Member

At last, SBW, I can see your post! I couldn't see it until PlayLives added a post. Very strange. As for Quinn's fate? Well, let me put it this way--the vampire Quinn is gone forever. Dalila no longer has a husband. But there's an NPC in the neighborhood with short red hair and slightly peculiar eyes who walks the streets in broad daylight whistling a happy tune, because his maker has grown fond of him. :eek:

Dalila did run away, however, when they divorced. The vampire Quinn was furious with her for kissing Colin. There were several rounds of slapping with the three of them. Anyway, I found her in the sim bin after she ran off the lot. I moved her into the chapel to recuperate. She may ask Colin to join her there. Don't know yet.

5. Lynet

Lynet New Member

No ghosts. I don't like ghosts, anyway. They keep everybody up at night, especially the children.

I hope people aren't disappointed now because there's no vampire ghost haunting the Sparrow family.:( They had four ghosts at a time (or was it six) back at the beginning of the family. Emmy's babies are 5th generation. This was before Nightlife. I had to get rid of all the tombstones because of the ghosts driving everyone crazy.

6. surprised_by_witches

I find ghosts to be a bit troublesome, too. Unless you set out to have a haunted lot they can be a real pain in the keester.

Glad you can see my post. :)

7. person123

Yeah, I always sell the tombstones, unless I have a knowledge sim in the family. But then I still only have one tombstone.

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Lynet, your prob with seeing SBW's post sounds like a cookie issue.

Great story telling. So spookily reminiscent of the way Sayina rescued her baby daughter from the clutches of Clancy Teapot and Count Reed at High Oak Castle. Alas poor Clancy Teapot ... :eek: I am glad I have so far resisted the urge start a story thread. My imagination runs away with me into the highest realms of farce and melodrama. After killing off Clancy I made a widow of Meadow Skold (ne Thayer) and then had her pursue the thankless task of seeking a resurrection ... she now has a zombified blind date locked in a crypt and is contemplating concerning where she went wrong ... :eek:

9. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Oh, Mirelly! How could you tease us with your story of Sayina and Clancy Teapot and not let us in on the details? A zombie locked in a crypt! Count Reed at High Oak Castle! You've kept this all to yourself all this time? Please tell all. I LOVE farce and melodrama. Layers and layers of it. :D

10. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Now I've remember what I was trying to remember when I last posted: P.G. Wodehouse, Bertie Wooster and Jeeves the butler. :p For some reason, reading Mirelly's post about Clancy Teapot and Meadow Skold I started thinking of Wooster's misadventures. It's been too many years since I read those stories. I laughed so hard. I wish I still had the books.

11. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

12. Lynet

Lynet New Member

OMG, Dear Mirelly. Just read it. How could you have kept silent for so long? It's great.

13. surprised_by_witches

I agree. Such a wealth of hidden talent among us. I'm excited to see all the new story threads.

14. PlayLives

PlayLives Member

Wow, I didn't know that could happen. I am a very slow player and it seems I'm missing alot of what could happen in the game (if I let it).

15. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Yes, it was the first time I'd experienced a sims divorce and I didn't know what had happened to her. I thought I'd lost her permanently. There was a scary minute or two when her icon disappeared from the family screen. But whew! Then I found her. :relieved:

16. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Once upon a time a man named Duke Sparrow arrived in our town and married a local girl named Andrea Hogan. They had two boys, Marlon and Wynter. The staid Marlon pursued medicine, setting an example that later generations of Sparrows would follow. He married an unimaginative young woman, settled down quietly and raised three daughters. His brilliant but impulsive brother, Wynter, on the other hand, married the flighty young blond who had delivered the mail to his front door for many years. Eccentric and unpredictable, Wynter explored the wildest theories of science regarding life and death itself, and although there is a tombstone in the church yard with his name on its face, no one is certain that Wynter is really there where he should be. As for the two baby girls he brought into this world, they grew up to be earnest, hardworking women. The youngest, Elizabeth, raised six kids on a farm where she still resides with her husband Phineaus. Wynter's oldest daughter, Sybil, married a popular local boy, George MacCarthy. The two of them also raised raised six children, including one that belonged to George but not to Sybil. The complicated lives of these six children, laid out in letters sent back and forth over the years through Baltimore's remarkably efficient and speedy postal service, have finally settled down into the comfortable and boring routine they have all been so anxious to achieve. They are living happily ever after now---

Sheila Mae married the boy she met in college, Marcel Mace, and achieved her livetime dream of becoming General in the Armed Forces. She sits, pictured here, with her husband Marcel and son Corbin who is about to head off to college.

Griffin, a medical researcher, has made peace with his wife, Felicia. The stress of Griffin's trial on murder charges shows in their greying hair and lined faces. But they are happy now with their quiet life. Sons Matthew and Gavin are away at college.

Emmeline and Alon relax over a simple dinner of spaghetti. Emmeline is studying to become a surgeon, and Alon has reached the top of his career in science. Alon's late night hours allow him to be home during the day when their twins, Edda and Lang, return from school.

Dalila leans up against her husband Colin Hurt. (picture is in the next post) Through wit and bravado she has become a widely respected business tycoon. Colin, meanwhile, is happy in his job as an ambulance driver. He likes the look of his own broad shoulders in the uniform (as does Dalila.) But he would also like to see his shoulders inside a doctor's white coat. Time will tell. Dalila and Colin are well suited to each other. Since escaping the scheming and manipulative vampire Quinn, Dalila is thrilled with the companionship of an uncomplicated man.

George rests for a few moments before fixing himself a lonely dinner. As a doctor in a city clinic, his pay is low and he sees the worst of man's inhumanity toward man. He can only look forward to the graduation of his darling Adriana. She's almost finished college. One semester yet to go and then she joins him here where they will work side by side toward a brighter future.

Esther is CEO of a publishing company. Outgoing and adventurous, she has taken an interest in a cat burgler who prowls the neighborhood, fascinated by a way of life she cannot imagine. Who knows? If she gets bored with publishing books, maybe she'll join her new friend on his nightly pursuit of jewels in their rich neighborhood.

THE END

17. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Emmy's two kids.

And an 'oops,' Dalila and Colin Hurt, too. Lost count of my pictures. :eek:

18. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

*stands up and claps* A well written story, we shall miss the drama in their daily lives. Thank you for sharing it all with us!

19. person123

*wipes tear* I'm feeling bittersweet. Glad that everyone is happy, and sad that it's finished! 22 pages, wow! I loved it! :)

20. surprised_by_witches