~did i even invite the police to stay?~

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by thentorn, Feb 20, 2006.

1. thentorn

thentorn ThE BrAvE

~did i even invite the police to stay?~

During the time when i could play the sims 2 ( I posted a previous thread why i can't now :( i had a good family going and i sent my kid to sneak out with a friend of hers, as sometimes you get caught she did, so she came back in a police car, the police officer spoke to my character but didn't get back in the the car and leave, no, he decided to stay in the house, like a normal character, even thought i couldn't control him, he slept in my kids bed, lol, and eat and had a go in the shower etc, i couldn't interact with him, ( in other words i couldn't tell him to getta out of my house) in the end it resulted in me having to sell the house in order to get rid of him.... :eek: could there have been another solution?, has anybody else had a simular problem?

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

This is hysterical, Thentorn. I've never had an NPC just move in uninvited. As close as I've come to that is a nanny who froze in front of the baby's crib and stayed like that for 3 days until she peed her pants and passed out on the floor. :D Then she woke up, fixed herself something to eat and drove away.

I fired her. :p

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I had the frozen nanny in front of crib thing happen, but the kid was in the crib at the time. I had to move the family out of the house to save the baby.

I've also had nannies move in. One household ended up with three because they proved impossible to dismiss, but since one, and then two, decided to stay, they were no longer considered nannies, I guess and I got a third. I've already told this story a couple of times. They tried to kill my toddler!

Since then I've been extremely wary of nannies, even after installing the supposed nanny fix patch.

I also had a maid stuck in my house once, after installing university. I'd neglected to move her out first. She wandered around wringing her hands and crying and wouldn't leave. It was Kaylynn the maid, who soon became Kaylynn the vengeful ghost when I locked her in the bathroom until she died.

Hey, I liked the house, and it had taken my sim a long time to get all that stuff. (This was before inventory.)

I had a grocery truck and a pizza delivery car stuck in front of one house as well, after I called them too close together. And another grocery delivery guy stuck on my property, also after installing university.

No policemen yet. Knock wood.

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I was just hoping that the cop turned off the burglar alarm before he moved in ... :rolleyes:

5. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

Ooooh, the dreaded nanny...

One of my Sims had a baby, I hired the nanny while Sim goes back to work, nanny worked well for a day or so. Then Sim leaves for work, and at 10:30am the nanny drives off. Can't get her back, social worker appears - and swoosh. Baby gone forever.

I quit without saving. :p

6. thentorn

thentorn ThE BrAvE

lol cool!, i wondered like i was the only 1 :s but clearly it happens sometimes, i like the idea of locking the maid in a room, real smooth, i suppose its what your prepared to do if you don't wonna sell your house :)

7. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Yes, but beware. Sims that are murdered tend to be very mean ghosts. Go figure. She tried to kill my sim's kid a few times, and nearly scared Tosha Go to death.