Did Your Copy of Pets Ship Yet?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Oct 16, 2006.

1. danom8

danom8 New Member

He's so cute, he must know it's pets!!
    It's deffinately the best EP so far, I got my copy yesterday and I can't stop playing it!!

2. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Pets shipped yesterday for me. It's just the long wait until it arrives in the mail (I should have it by Wednesday).

3. sims2

sims2 New Member

oh right LOL! not me yet hehe

4. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

I bought Pets today at Circuit City for $15! :D

5. Lynet

Lynet New Member

So I could have saved myself some money if I weren't so lazy. :rolleyes: I finally ordered Pets (from EA) this weekend and have to pay for shipping, too.

Interesting discovery, though. I was given the option of downloading the EP. How does that work? I've always believed you had to have a disk in hand (or in the drive :p ) for the game to work. What do they do? Ship you a disk after you've downloaded it? :confused: Or maybe I just misunderstood the nature of the big DOWNLOAD button.

I chose, anyhow, to just order the disks.

6. darkdragonluver

darkdragonluver New Member

Interesting discovery of my own now. Turns out the extras you get for pre-ordering are just codes for the game (like the ones you get for unlocking pet career rewards or whatever) and gamewinners.com has all of them. Don't know if I'm allowed to share that or not but anyone would be able to find it while searching for cheats.

7. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

The way I understand it, you have to keep the EA Downloader installed and running, with an active connection to the internet, whenever you play. This is how they check that you have a license for the game, in lieu of the CD acting as your license.

8. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Thanks, Hellokit. Interesting idea.

I think I'll stick to the disks for now. I hope I get my EP by next Monday.

9. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

Finally got my copy yesterday and it's wonderful! :D I'm setting aside a few hours today so I can just play and play and play. LOL I had to force myself to stop playing and go to bed last night. It's made the Sims 2 addictive once more. :)

Cass.

10. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

I'm getting good at predicting when my orders will arrive.. My copy of Pets arrived today in the mail! :D All I need to do now is install it.

11. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Mine showed up today. But I'll probably do what I did with OFB, which was not to install it for awhile, until I was ready to devote my undivided attention to it. I'm still working on my Andromeda story, bulding stuff.

Besides, then I hear about the glitches before it happens to me. :rolleyes:

12. pizzashake101

pizzashake101 New Member

I just got the game too!

But does anyone know where I can get a collar for my dog? I cant find one