Different Last Name

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Flameangel, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

Different Last Name

In my Legacy family. My 2nd generation's 2nd child went to university and got engaged. She moved back in with her family. Then she got married. Instead of her last name being pennington like the rest of her family it's now king! Can I change it back? Cause the whole family has to be called Pennignton or whatever the name is!

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Actually it's tradition for the wife to take the husband's name, isn't it? where did the wedding take place? His place or hers?

3. aharris

aharris New Member

I must have missed that rule when I was reading the legacy rules. I thought the ten generations merely had to be related by blood and living in the same house. If that's the case, then I've already fragged my legacy and my first kiddo hasn't even been born yet. Oh, well, I still find my large sandbox hood to be infinitely more fascinating anyhow . . .

4. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

They married at her place.

5. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I think that some sims keep their names no matter where they marry. One of mine married the Vince Walters the headmaster and sure enough, she became a Walters, and when they moved into their own house they were the Walters Household. I thought it was nice, very traditional, actually.

6. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

Does it matter that the last names are different? Because it's my legacy

7. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

It's not the place where they marry, it's a matter of which sim initiates the ceremony, either by clicking the altar or by Propose -> Marriage. The couple will take the last name of the initiating sim.

8. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

Oh, Ok thank-you.

9. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

That's very unusual and likely represents either a smuggled hack or a bug, because I recently *DID* an unreleased hack to do traditional naming rules, and there's definitely no such exception.

10. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

I seem to have a LOT of hacks that are really messing my game up! Is there somthing that will get rid of all of this?! I can't see any of these hacks! Also I can't reinstall because the seconed disk to TS2U is MISSING!!!

11. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Yeah, nuke your entire downloads folder. That will eliminate all of the hacks.

12. Junior

Junior New Member

Just to make sure, the WHOLE family need to have the last name for the purposes of the legacy don't they?

13. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Humm, that's very interesting, JMP. I did have a few of your hacks, but if it was unreleased, well, then I wouldn't of had it, now would I?:p I'll bet he was bugged.

14. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

No, just the ones carrying on the Legacy. The ones who stays in the home and breeds with NPC's. The way I understand it, if you are not keeping ALL the children in the home, you can marry them off or move them onto another lot and let them live out normal lives with cheats, CAS-Made or game born Sims, etc.

15. Junior

Junior New Member

Thanks Kristalrose, I'm trying to keep mine all with the same name at the minute, that'll be even more of a challenge though!

16. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

I just won't marry the kings kids.. Then it will go back to Pennington.... That is if I can get my game back..