Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ManagerJosh, Oct 30, 2012.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Disney (DIS) is buying Lucasfilm for $4 billion, adding the legendary Star Wars franchise to the entertainment giant's stable of characters. Lucasfilm is 100% owned by Founder George Lucas.

The buyout ranks among one of the largest ever made by Disney. It's fourth behind the $19.7 billion, $7.6 billion and $5.2 billion buyouts of Capital Cities/ABC in 1995, Pixar in 2006 and Fox Family in 2001, respectively, says S&P Capital IQ. It tops the $3.96 billion Disney paid for Marvel in August 2009.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2012/10/30/disney-star-wars-lucasfilm/1669739/

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

My first thought when I heard this was that it was a delayed April Fools joke. It will be interesting to see what they do with it!

3. ManagerJosh

I am too. They have both Marvel intellectual property and now Lucas Arts properties..

On another note, they announced a new Star Wars Movie (Episode 7)

4. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!

5. ManagerJosh

[​IMG]

6. ManagerJosh

Disney buys the Star Wars franchise. So what is Darth Vader gonna do next? Isn't it obvious?