Do you still play The Sims 1

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by danom8, Oct 25, 2006.

1. danom8

danom8 New Member

Do you still play The Sims 1

I have The Sims 1 and all of it's Expansion Packs* and I loved them before The Sims 2 came along!

6 months ago I bought a very powerful laptop to run The Sims 2 and I still haven't bothered installing The Sims 1 and it's Expansion Packs*.
    It's still a great game but can't even start to measure up to The Sims 2 (well that's what I think anyway)

Do you still play The Sims 1 or do you even prefere it?
    If so add a post please I am really interested in finding out if anyone else still plays it!! :D
    Thanks!!

2. Mizukami

Mizukami New Member

The Sims... do I play it still?

I still play it from time to time... especially because of the sims available for the game... I like Anime/Manga so I have a neighborhood to reflect this...
    I have Sailors: Moon, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter and Venus... The "Masaki" family, the "Of Galaxy Police" family... Inuyasha, Kikyou, Kagome, Miroku, Sango and Shippo and Rin and Sesshoumaru...

Its funny to make Kikyou do archery... or turn Inuyasha into a frog... or make them become superstars performing the hit single: "Glabe Glarn"...

I'd have anime sims in Sims 2... but I haven't seen any that I like...

3. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Once I bought The Sims 2 I uninstalled TS1. I figured that they're pretty much the same game so I'd free up the room on my computer, as space was running out on that one (before my upgrade).

4. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

I uninstalled it too, but I've been toying with the idea of installing it on another computer so I can play it. I still get the desire to play Makin' Magic sometimes. LOL

Cass.

5. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

I do miss Makin' Magic!

6. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

I don't even own the games any more... so no.

7. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

I got tired of Sims 1 when I knew Sims 2 was coming out. I stopped playing it in January 2004, a month after receiving Makin' Magic for Christmas. :eek:

8. Gallagher

Gallagher New Member

Sticking with the Original - good for creative writing.

* What really made me keep playing The Sims, is how 'reliable' the game and it's expansion packs load up.

* If you ever have to reload again, there's enough various changes done to how the Characters will react to each other. Even though I like downloading more skins, objects and furniture.

* There's enough interest - with transmographers who teach how to put an .iff file in one's own game. Learn how to do that - you can show others a good way to re-decorate a room and a character costume.

+++ Most folks usually don't have the Creative Imagination, to come up with a screenplay or storyboard for a slashfiction piece. At least when you play the game... you can keep up with what's going on, like a sitcom on a television serial.

- you can find out right there, if your character is successful / or the whole story concept works or not. Helps to get people 'unstuck' and create some kind of material.

It's so hard to let go of your Sim Characters - once you play with them.

9. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

i miss superstar the most..dunno why...

10. sims2

sims2 New Member

I will never miss the original version now i dont think. I never got to play the supastar one as i didnt have the right computer requirements at the time(went crazy OL) but the sims 2 has so much more realistic stuff on it and better camera on the actual game so i think it would be totally weird going and playing that now:)

11. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

Well, I would. Just for nostalgia's sake. Kinda gives you that retro feeling. LOL

12. sims2

sims2 New Member

nostalgia??

13. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

yea, that too.

14. sims2

sims2 New Member

what is it?

15. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

16. joeySimzee

joeySimzee Hysterical Kangaroo

Haha, actually I uninstalled my Sims 1 already :p But I still miss it sometimes, though :eek:

17. darcy35

darcy35 New Member

I still play but not all the time.

I play sims 2 more then the sims 1 my son likes palying both so when he plays i help him out.:)
    i like the sims1 cuz you can actually have them plant seeds and farm veggitables wiht the expansions sims pets. maybe they can do the same one day with sims2 or maybe i havnt figured it out yet hmmm.
    anyway i been playing sim like games since sim city came out on super nintendo lol.
    i love it.
    i am guilty of still palying regular nintendo,nin 64 and super nintendo.
    give me sims anytime though.:)

18. Condraz23

Condraz23 New Member

I don't have The Sims 2 yet, but I don't think I would be able to uninstall it since I have grown so attached to my characters.

19. butterflygnz

butterflygnz New Member

i still play sims 1

:eek:hi!i still play sims1 and that has so many reasons.most important reason is that my old computer can't take any more sims or other high resolution stuff.poor computer i am really sorry for him.but anyway it doesn't matter.i love sims anyway.actually i don't know anything at all about sims2:eek:it sounds odd but i have been playing sims for so many years and i think some players are very addicted.i used to be like them but now i am not.

20. John Mole

John Mole New Member

I still play The Sims 1, and probably will for the rest of My life. No (required) video card, no video card problems.