Downtown Exchange ?

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by zeppyled, Jan 13, 2002.

1. zeppyled

zeppyled New Member

Downtown Exchange ?

Hello guys,

glad to be in this forum!

here's my problem: after installing The Sims, Living Large and Hot Date (in this order), I've added Hot Date's serial number in my registered user's profil at the official Sims site and gone to the downtown exchange. Damn! could'nt download anything there, with this popup "Sims isn't installed in this computer"!

U are my last chance before I throw these $@&!* programs in the fourth dimension....

2. Blue_ghost

Blue_ghost Guest

do you have the right expansion packs?

3. zeppyled

zeppyled New Member

sure!

Yes, I can download everything (houses, objects etc.) but lots for Hot Date!

Strange....

4. lworley

lworley New Member

all i knwo is the downtown exchange uses a different plugin when you first ever went to download did a security box say "do you want to install and run ________ made by maxis" if so did you click yes if you never then thats why it may not be able to download.

secondly have u tried a reinstall as it scans your computer not yoru serial numbers.

thirdly maybe its just a little wee bit buggy since hot date is new and well teh games buggy so the site must be.

Fourthly the exchange might just be down

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Re: Downtown Exchange ?

I suggest you purge your computer cache in addition to get rid of any activex applets stored on your computer. It could be possibly that the applet is corrupt and isn't registering your registry settings

6. zeppyled

zeppyled New Member

I'm a player, not a technicien!

Thx u all, 'will try clearing all (once again...).:rolleyes:

7. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Re: I'm a player, not a technicien!

:( :( :(