Spore Dream Enviornment

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by artistvrd, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Like the Earth, just without continents or anything. Everywhere like the ocean :D

2. Flank57

Flank57 New Member

Think about it for a second. Your planet is made around you, if you never make a surface walking animal, then there should never be any land. 100% water world for a 100% water dwelling creature.

And for the feather and fur part. Has anyone ever played Shadow of The Colossus? If so, that is what I want to see fo fur.

3. InvaderBlack

InvaderBlack New Member

Yeah, that would be freakin' a.

But everyone's saying '100% water'. I assumed everyone meant literally 100%. As in all. But I knew the core and mantle were denser and had the gravity... Well, you know what I mean.

And it's cool you can go through all phases underwater. That'll be fun.

4. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

Technically you cant go through the space phase under water.. as you need to go to outer space to be in space.. But up until that I dont see why you couldnt have an underwater civilization.

Will said specifically there would be underwater citites. I'm thinking Gungans.

5. Flank57

Flank57 New Member

No, you can be an underwater civilization all the way through the game. If you notice in some of the interviews and pictures (cant find the pictures on this site but I know Ive seen them), there are space colonies with a bubble (usualy filled with air) filled with water.

6. leech10

leech10 New Member

Everything that has mass has gravity, and if water wasn't dense enough to have gravity, then the planet Saturn, which is less dense than water, wouldn't have any gravity.

I would like to have a planet covered in large forests surrounding lakes with some rivers connecting the lakes.

7. master genesis

master genesis New Member

I would like a hot sandy place with lots of rocks, and little pools of water every now and then.

Perfect for my insect creatures.

8. artistvrd

artistvrd SporeMasterArti

insect creatures, cool, sounds like a perfect enviornment for them!

9. master genesis

And just imagine there hive like huts all over the place, swooping in in packs taking out anything in there territory.

Whoah, ive been thinking about this to much. :spin:

10. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

Yes, you can colonize planets with water filled domes.. But your space ship will be in space, not water.. so you will not be entirely under water while in space stage.

11. artistvrd

artistvrd SporeMasterArti

you're not alone, you're not alone.

12. Flank57

Flank57 New Member

My planet would probably consist of plateaus, canyons and large rock formations (kinda like New Mexico.) Water in the canyons, grass on the plateaus, and giant gnarly trees with lots of crazy branches.

Eventhough it probably isnt possible, I would still like to see an all gas planet with a very small core. With a dense atmosphere that could maintain permanent flight for its inhabitants so they would evolve with no legs, but strong arms. A creative thought, but they would suck on other planets. lol

13. InvaderBlack

InvaderBlack New Member

True, but since anything with mass has gravity, not anything with density has gravity, then Saturn could still have gravity. Mass is like weight, density is different (it's summer, and I forgot exactly how it is, but it's like the amount of stuff inside of something.). I also realize my mistake in saying density. Sorry 'bout the confusion.

But the space thing... Couldn't you put a bubble around the space ship and fill it with water? I doubt it, but that would mean all the phases would be underwater.

14. Flank57

Flank57 New Member

Mass = the amount of matter of an object or substance

Density = Mass/Volume

The greater the Volume of the Mass, the greater the gravity

15. Emily

Emily New Member

My landscape would be an frozen iceland. ^_^ With GIANT pine trees. I love the cold...

16. Flank57

Flank57 New Member

You see that right there is what I dont get. How do you get your planet to be cold nad frozen if the planet is made around your creature, but there has yet to be evidence of fur? And what about blubber? I dont know if I want the game to come out unless these certain issues are addressed.

as the quote goes "the longer Spore takes, the better it will be"

17. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

Its quite possible. As with The Sims games, I HIGHLY doubt that SPORE is going to be by the book perfectly realistic. I dont think the physics engine is going to be a Nazi about how you create your planets, and what you do with them. There should always be room to experiment, and get mixed results.

18. master genesis

But think about it, if a planet was cold, but warm enough to sustain life, then life wold be there.

The creatures would most likely not need a coat of fur or blubber, because the reason our animals needed it was because of the ever-changing temperature of our planet.

Our animals developed fur and such once the ice age hit, and adaption was needed to survive.

Think about the dinosaurs, fur was pretty scarce because the planet was so warm at the time.

What im trying to say is maybe the creatures didn't need it because their bodies evolved from the tiniest cell in to a multi-cegular creature and did not require heat to sustain its self on their bodies.

19. Flank57

Flank57 New Member

20. PlutonianEmpire

PlutonianEmpire New Member

Wait 'till the next Ice Age comes... ;)

hehe, i like cold weather too. Pluto sounds like paradise to me. Just add pine trees, and voila, Pluto is the perfect place for you! :D lol