Troubleshooting Dream tracker

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Jiko, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

Dream tracker

Dream tracker? Suddenly (after Sim-years of trouble-free play) I keep getting an error message on "Dream tracker" - "too many iterations" - I read this to me too many people are sleeping and dreaming at the same time. (These are big families.) So far no problems with play but it gives me the option of 'cancel/reset/delete' and I'm not sure which I should choose.

2. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Humm, I've never seen this. Is it possible this is from a hack you have? Or may have accidently downloaded?

3. Zootyzoot

Zootyzoot Keeper of Broken FeltTips

Oh - I have that 'Too Many Iterations' thingit a lot when I have testing cheats enabled. No idea what it means, though I'd like to know.

4. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

I have no hacks downloaded or otherwise. Nada. However, with the frozen-baby problem of last week, I did for the first time do the 'boolprop cheats enabled thing.' I never used it - I never got any new actions on any objects or person. So I put in 'false' and it disappeared. NOW when I go to the 'create Sims' page, I see a long (loooong) list of all the things I tried (I think - it's mostly code) in a white drop-down menu box, and I can't get rid of it. It showed up briefly in a house today too.

5. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Can you type "exit" or hit the "Esc" button and make the window go away?

6. Ace

Ace New Member

I have this problem also. If I click reset it seems to make things worse. If I click delete, it deletes one of my characters so I always hit cancel. I don't know what causes it but it's a pain in the behind. Mine are not large families but the families it happens on have a ton of friends. I don't know if it's too many for the game to keep track of or what as the friends do show up in their dreams. I have other technical problems with the couple of families that have a ton of friends but they would be better served on their own thread.