How Do I Dwindling numbers of Sims in public places (commercial lots)

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lorelei92950, May 3, 2010.

1. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Dwindling numbers of Sims in public places (commercial lots)

Used to be if I went to the park or to Rapid Racers Roller Rink or the boutique there would be 4-6 people there all the time (not counting the clerks). IN the last 24 hours I have only encountered 2 people at each place. As soon as one leaves another one comes, but still there are only 2 peoplel not counting my visiting Sim. Anyone else had this happen? Used to be good places to meet new friends, but not now...I tried using intProp maxNumofVisitingSims [number], both with the brackets and without but it made no difference. I thin that cheat is only for how many people at your party anyway though. I know I saw somewhere that they said it would apply to both. My notes are a bit dog-eared...

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

The amount of people available for parties and visiting commercial lots depends on how much ram you have in your pc and on how fast your cpu is too.
    Try throwing a party and see what the max amount of people you can invite is .

3. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Yeah, I'm not too good with this stuff. I copied over to an extra memory device "My Book", and realized I have a ton of personal graphics and photos I copied there a year ago and have never had the nerve to delete them from my main drive. So I'm doing that and hoping that will give me more room. I noticed at times I could only invite 4-6 people instead of 8 to parties recently. I tried typing in that cheat that is supposed to give you the ability to ask more guests (also it said more people would show up at public lots:( intPropmaxNumOfVisitingSims [number], didn't work. Another place said, no, do it like this: intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims number and both times I put like 10. It came up error on both. So I gave up but then I noticed it was down to 2! So perhaps I screwed it up when I did that.

4. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Running the game off of an external device is usually not recommended because of the speed of the connection between the pc and the ex-device .
    Especially with older connections like usb or sata 1 connections as it causes too much lag in the game.
    A lot of custom content would slow things down a lot too.

5. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

I wasn't running it from the external device, just saving to there. I was using the program from my pc. Thanks for helping, but now the question is moot because I lost everything and have uninstalled all 3 Sims 2 programs. Lost all my custom Sims and one neighborhood, Pleasantville.

6. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

The code is "intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims [number]" without the brackets and quotation marks. Try setting it to 6 or so first.

7. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Thanks, Flameback. :) Wish that was my only problem now.