Troubleshooting EReg Error

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Satchboogie, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Satchboogie

Satchboogie New Member

EReg Error

When I try to install the Sims 2, I keep getting an EReg error. It happens after I put in the serial, select typical user settings, and hit OK when it says it'll take an additional 324mb of space, then the error pops up. The installation continues after I hit "don't send", but the game doesn't work, when I go to play it, the same error pops up again.

I'm running it in windows through bootcamp v1.4 (up-to-date) on a Macbook Pro.
    Specs:
    2.16 Intel Core Duo
    1 GB of Ram
    Radeon X1600 Graphics Card (256mb)

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

You might wish to take this up with Bootcamp support because thre's no-one here, who is actively running Windows on a Mac ... unless they wanna come forward right now.

Up front, I would be looking in the program files folder for an application called ereg.exe and wondering what it was doing and why it felt it had to do it when you are trying to install a game. It usre isn't part of Windows and it's not part of The Sims 2 as far as I can tell. (I know diddly about the Mac, but ereg doesn't appear on the search radar as Mac related either.

Suggestions:

The process Ereg MFC Application belongs to the software Ereg Application or Dragon NaturallySpeaking or ScanSoft OmniPage SE or ScanSoft PDF Professional or ScanSoft PaperPort by ScanSoft, Inc (www.scansoft.com).

(I had Dragon NaturallySpeaking once (it came free with a Laptop) ... it was **** ... well it refused to understand me. The laptop set fire to itself. All round it was a bum deal. I hope you find a more satisfactory solution .... :) )

3. Satchboogie

Satchboogie New Member

hmm. I searched and found that EReg.exe is an EA games app. I have it in my BF2 directory and under /support on the Sims 2 CD (CD1). That must be the cause of this error. Now I need to figure out why I'm getting the error.

4. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

The EReg.exe file of the CD is most likely corrupt. Search around this site for installing TS2 off your hard drive but don't copy the EReg file over. Maybe that will work.

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

*Mirelly snatches the Dunce of The Month Award back from Peati's shelf and awards it to self :eek: *

6. chocobie

chocobie New Member

Not Corruption

This is not corruption... this is a hardward issue... i am having the exact same problem. I just got a new computer (business comp) because it had great gaming technology. All my sims cds worked on my older computer just slower... I started getting the EREG.EXE error aswell on this machine. I later tried it on my dad's laptop and bam... it was fine it went through... it's not corrupted... it's something to do with your computer... i'm trying to find some fix for it when i do i will post... but after taking down firewalls and what not.. still nothing... i'll keep trying though!

7. AoXoA

AoXoA New Member

I have found a fix. Firstly its because of a problem with adobe flash player. Here are some links to threads, and the removal tool designed by adobe to remove their product (Once you install the sims 2 + Expacs, you can install adobe flash again). Some thing about a conflict with adobe flash player and ea ereg.exe. Hope this helps :) Feel free to help other people with this info too.

*FORUM TOPIC that I found it on*
    http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=201560&tstart=0&start=0

*LINK TO THE TOOL, Inside the thread too*
    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14157&sliceId=2