SimCity Societies Error Message, Can't Startup

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by DRDeMello, Mar 15, 2008.

1. DRDeMello

DRDeMello New Member

Error Message, Can't Startup

Just bought SimCity Societies earlier today after toying with the idea for a long time. Long story short, I'm a big fan of the earlier SimCity games and hadn't played for a few years now and picked up a copy for $30. I'm just now getting it home, its late, I'm tired and I'm trying to get it up and running.

The first error message I got was something along the lines of it couldn't start because the d3d9.dll was not found, so I went online and downloaded a d3d9.dll file. The message I am receiving now is that "The procedure entry point DdEntry10 could not be located in the dynamic link library DDRAW.dll. This is starting to get a bit over my head, and while I don't doubt that with time and effort I might be able to sort it all out, I was hoping that there would be someone who may be familiar with what may be lacking or off with my installation and could easily guide me back on course. I just now found this site while looking for solutions, so any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance, I'm really looking forward to getting back up to date with what's going on in the SimCity world.

-Derek DeMello