How Do I Find out if the Ottomas twins are actually dangerous?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lorelei92950, Sep 9, 2010.

1. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Find out if the Ottomas twins are actually dangerous?

I was at Sims Wiki and was looking at info on the families in the bin. I installed the Ottomas a while ago and I already know about the bug that makes Brandi Broke their father (!), but then I read this quote at Wiki:

"Also, sometimes the twins look deformed or come out with no eyes or nose or even other body parts. In neighborhoods where they have been housed before the patch was applied, the bug will not be fixed. Because of this bug, many players choose to delete the Ottomas family and make their own version. Another solution is editing the family tree[​IMG] with the InSimenator or with SimPE. Yet another is to use the InSimenator or the Sim Blender to terminate the pregnancy.
    Reportedly, the twins themselves are bugged, and a very bad thing for a neighborhood; possibly leading to serious damage to both the neighborhood and the game".

Has anyone actually had their game or neighborhood be damaged due to the twins? My twins are children now (no problems with eyes, nose or bodies) and it's sure too late to terminate the pregnancy, but I hate to just kill them especially if this is just "reportedly". I've never killed a child or teen Sims before and I don't want to start now. Of course I don't want my game/neighborhood to be damaged either. That's why I want to know if anyone has experience with this.

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

It seems to me there was a "fixed" version of the family you could download to replace the buggy version with over at Mod The Sims. (not a 100% on that though)

3. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

I forced them to grow up early and put them in the bin. But sometimes they show up at public places, so that was not going to help. Recently, I added them back into my game and they are now the famously "cursed" Ottomas twins. I'll have to figure out how the "curse" works if I put them in my stories. I figured if they were going to damage my game, they have already done it by nowand sitting in the bin they could still do it. If I get worried again, I'll kill them off I guess. At least they're no longer children. I could never do that.