Game hints and cheats

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by suitemichelle, Feb 22, 2008.

1. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Game hints and cheats

What me cheat....?

For Poor Families
    The trick is that no matter how many times you use an object, if you sell it in the same day, you can get all your money back. So if your Sim is poor and needs body points or something, buy a body machine and keep selling it back to refund all your money.
    Saving Pizza
    Have a sim call for pizza. When the pizza delivery guy comes DON'T accept the pizza! The pizza delivery guy will eventually leave the pizza on the front porch, and the pizza will never get stale. You can stack as many pizzas as you want, so if your sims get hungry, just tell them to get a pizza from the front porch.

Disgusting Faces
    There is a glitch in character creation mode where you can make absolutely disgusting faces. The trick is that if you go to the face designing area and you select a face part such as the eyes and max out all the sliders one way or the other, then go to a different face part and select one of the PREDESIGNED parts, and then come back to the eyes, the sliders will have reset in the middle, but the eyes will still look the same. This works for all of the face adjusting tabs. Exploiting this, you can make eyes the size of dinner plates, cheekbones 4 feet long, and a HUMUNGOUS nose, to name a few.
    free bookcase skills
    Buy a bookcase, then have your sim start to study. Interrupt the action so that the book it placed on the ground, then simply sell the bookcase. The book can then do everything the bookcase could have done for free.

moveobjects (on/off) moves objects and deletes you couldnt before

kaching get 1000 cash

help-all list cheats autopatch (on/off) lets you know if theres a patch

exit closes cheat window

expand expands or contracts cheat window

slowmotion Puts the game in slow motion. Enter any number that 0 through 8 (0=fastest and 8=slowest)

StretchSkeleton makes your sims larger or smaller

boolprop constrainFloorElevation false Allows you to change elevation of floor tiles.

boolprop constrainFloorElevation true Disables the ability to change elevation of floor tiles.

aging on turn on aging aging off turn off aging

motherlode 50,000 simoleans

faceBlendLimits (on/off) turns off facial bounding limitations. It prevents the normal corrections the game will make for two parents with very different facial structures.

boolProp snapObjectsToGrid true/false You can place objects outside the grid.

intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 8 You can invite more people to your parties.

clear Clears all cheat codes on the screen, but codes are still in effect.

social_debug You can tell what social reaction will happen before you do it

RoofSlopeAngle (15-75) Changes the slope angle of a roof

boolProp testingcheatsenabled true/false if set to true ALL other cheats work.

familyfunds (Family's last name) XXXX Alots any amount of money you desire to any sim family (remove parenthesis in the family's last name and replace the XXXX's with any amount you want)

Ran across these on game spot... anyone got any others? Warning to newbies and the computer illiterate, boolProp use can really mess your game up, use sparingly or not at all.

2. philip2k8

philip2k8 New Member

exellent cheats the boolprob cheats dont work on my laptop their kinda weird

3. k8mc

k8mc luvvly jubbly

Great tips suitemichelle! Especially that bookcase one...I never would have thought of that.

4. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

These cheats are really good! Thanks for that, Michelle!

You know what, I'm going to sticky this thread. If anybody else has any good hints and cheats, feel free to share them here with us!:)

5. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

Oh? Time to plug my site? Heh. Anyways, here's a lengthy list from what I could find on the net here: http://www.simprograms.com/?page_id=177 There is plenty more out there as well that I still need to gather...

During the game, hit CTRL+SHIFT+C to bring up the Cheat Entry Box. Now enter one of the following and hit Enter.

Kaching
    Adds 1,000 to household funds

Motherlode
    Adds 1,000 to household funds

Moveobjects on/off
    Moves unmoveable objects

Aging -on/-off
    Sims won’t age

StretchSkeleton (number)
    Make your sims taller or smaller, 2.0 double size, 0.5 half size etc

intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 8
    You can invite more guests with a party. Can change last number to anything higher or lower. Use in Neighbourhood screen

boolProp snapObjectsToGrid [true/false]
    Use ‘false’ to place objects out of grid

boolProp testingCheatsEnabled [true/false]
    Use ‘true’ to enable CAS debugmode and more

boolprop constrainFloorElevation [true/false]
    Use ‘false’ to make it possible to raise or lower the floor even when there are objects, flooring or walls on it

boolProp simShadows [true/false]
    Turns shadow of sim on or off

Vsync on/off
    Turning off increases game performance but with some graphical errors

boolProp displayPaths [true/false]
    True=You see the path where the selected sim walks to

faceBlendLimits -on/off
    When making a child in CAS, this cheat can turn off facial bounding limitations

gameVersion
    After typing in ‘expand’, you see the game version in the cheat box

floatProp tvVolume [0.0-1.0]
    0.5 is the default. Lower or increase the number to change the T.V volume

boolprop lotWater [true/false]
    False = Removes water from lots (ponds)

boolprop lotTerrainPaints [true/false]
    False = Removes floorpainting on lot

boolprop showFloorGrid [true/false]
    Shows grid or not in build or buy mode

boolprop objectShadows [true/false]
    False = Removes shadows on objects OUTside house

boolProp guob [true/false]
    False = Removes shadows on objects INside house

boolprop renderSelectedSimLevel [true/false]
    True = Walls no longer cut away for selected sim

boolprop locktiles [true/false]
    False = You can place floortiles outside lot (Like on road)

boolprop reflectionWithExtraViewer [true/false]
    Turns on/off reflection in mirrors

boolprop renderInsideObjectOnlyOnSelectedSimLevel [true/false]
    True = Objects only appear on levels the selected sim is on and when that floor is selected

boolprop renderSelectedSimLevel [true/false]
    True = Only see selected simlevel; like when sim is on top floor, other floors are invisible

deleteAllCharacters *Neighbourhood cheat
    Removes every sim from the neighbourhood

TerrainType desert/temperate/dirt/concrete *Neighbourhood cheat
    Toggles between terrain types

boolProp CameraDriftCamEnabled [true/false] *Neighbourhood cheat
    False = Camera does not move in Nhood

boolprop displayNeighborhoodProps [true/false] *Neighbourhood cheat
    False = Removes props like rocks and towers from Nhood

boolprop displayNeighborhoodRoads [true/false] *Neighbourhood cheat
    False = Removes roads from Nhood

boolprop displayNeighborhoodFlora [true/false] *Neighbourhood cheat
    False = Removes trees/plants from Nhood

boolprop displayNeighborhoodWater [true/false] *Neighbourhood cheat
    False = removes water from Nhood

boolprop displayLotImposters [true/false] *Neighbourhood cheat
    False = Removes houses from Nhood (just the graphics, not the houses themselves)

boolprop displayNeighborhoodRoadsWithModel [t/f] *Nhood cheat
    Where T = true and F = false. When set to False, it removes bridges from the Neighborhood

boolprop lotTerrainLighting [true/false] *Neighbourhood cheat
    False=Lots won’t light up when you move your mouse over it in Nhood

boolprop carsCompact [true/false] *Neighbourhood cheat
    True=Cars in Nhood have more detail

boolprop ShowLotPackageFilename [true/false] *Neighbourhood cheat
    In Nhood, shows filename of house when you move your mouse over a lot

boolprop nhoodWaterReflection [true/false] *Neighbourhood cheat
    Turns on/off water reflection in nhood

boolProp carsOnRight [true/false] *Neighbourhood cheat
    Cars in Nhood drive on left or right side of road

Slowmotion 0-8 *Filmmaking Cheat
    0 is normal speed and 8 is slower

boolProp enablePostProcessing true/false *Filmmaking Cheat
    Must be true for all filmic cheats to function

Bloom (r g b x) *Filmmaking Cheat
    Creates a filmic look in which everything’s so bright it blurs together “r”, “g,” and “b” are color values (0-255) and “x” is the amount of blooming from 0 to 255

vignette (centerx centery X) *Filmmaking Cheat
    Creates a filmic look in which a focal point is clear but everything around it is blurry

filmgrain (0-1) *Filmmaking Cheat
    Creates a film graininess

letterbox (0.0-0.4) *Filmmaking Cheat
    Creates a letterbox view of size specified

boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false *Requires University
    boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false

changelotzoning dorm *Requires University
    Make a dorm from the beggining on a residential lot in a blank neighbourhood

boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation [t/f] *Requires University
    T = True and F= false. Allows you to rotate objects 45 degrees

setHighestAllowedLevel [level] *Requires University
    You can build a building with more than 5 floors

familyfunds [Familyname] # *Requires Nightlife
    Add or extract money for a chosen family. For example, “familyfunds Sims +50000″ adds 50.000 to family Sims. -50000 extracts 50.000

roofslopeangle [15-75] *Requires Nightlife
    Adjusts the slope angle on all roofs on a lot

showHeadlines [on/off] *Requires Nightlife
    Makes all thought balloons invisible

unlockCareerRewards *Requires Nightlife
    Unlocks all career rewards for selected Sim

MaxMotives *Requires Nightlife
    Sets all needs for all Sims on the lot to full

motiveDecay [on/off] *Requires Nightlife
    Turns natural need decay on or off

aspirationPoints # *Requires Nightlife
    Adds the specified number of Aspiration points to selected Sim

lockAspiration [on/off] *Requires Nightlife
    Freezes aspiration point decay for all Sims on the lot

aspirationLevel [0-5] *Requires Nightlife
    Changes Sims’ aspiration level. 0=lowest, 5=Platinum level

agesimcheat [on/off] *Requires Nightlife
    Adds ’set age’ to interaction menu. Any Sim you click on can be set to any age group

setLotLightingFile [filename] *Requires Nightlife
    Change lighting by choosing an alternate lighting file. Original can be found in /Nightlife/TSData/Res/Lights. To restore use “setLotLightingFile clear”

boolprop ControlPets [on/off] *Requires Pets
    Makes pets fully controlable, but you can’t cancel actions from their queue

boolprop DisablePuppyKittenAging [true/false] *Requires Pets
    Turns off aging for kittens and puppies

boolprop PetActionCancel [true/false] *Requires Pets
    Makes actions in a pet’s queue accessible

boolprop ShowCatalogePFlags [true/false] *Requires Pets
    Activates labels in the detail view of each Buy mode and Build mode objects to show which product they came from (EP or SP)

boolprop PetsFreeWill [true/false] *Requires Pets
    Turns pet free will off

DeleteAllAwnings *Requires Pets
    Deletes all awnings on lot

DeleteAllFences *Requires Pets
    Deletes all fences on lot

DeleteAllHalfWalls *Requires Pets
    Deletes all half walls on lot

DeleteAllObjects [Doors/Windows/Stairs] *Requires Pets
    Deletes all Doors, Windows or Stairs on lot

DeleteAllWalls *Requires Pets
    Deletes all walls on lot

IndividualRoofSlopeAngle [15/75] *Requires Pets
    Activates a tool to change the roof slopes of individual roofs on a lot

AddneighbortoFamilycheat [on/off] *Requires Open for Business
    Click on an NPC to add one to the current household

Forcetwins *Requires Open for Business
    With a pregnant Sim selected, using this cheat will transform the pregnancy into a twin birth

Sethour [0-23] *Requires Open for Business
    Sets time of day

Plumbbobtoggle [on/off] *Requires Open for Business
    Makes the overhead plumb bob invisible

bugJarTimeDecay [on/off] *Requires Seasons
    Makes fireflies live forever in jars when set to off

modifyNeighborhoodTerrain [on/off] *Requires FreeTime
    Modify Nhood terrain: [= Raise, ]=lower, \=level, p=Smooth terrain

6. suitemichelle

Wow! great list Jud. thanks. And to K8, thank you too. I just wish some of them were original to me.

7. mkimm93

mkimm93 New Member

Some of you may already know this one, but I found it extremely useful:
    ever get sick of getting all of your Sim needs up? (Hunger, Hygiene, Energy, etc.) Well, with this cheat you can get all of your Sims Needs up to almost maximum.

1. press SHIFT+CTRL+C to bring up the cheat box.

2. type in "boolProp testingcheatsenabled true" (be sure to include those spaces!)

3. press ENTER

4. type in "exit" to close cheat box (or just hit Esc button while in the curser box)

5. at the same time, hold down SHIFT and left-click on your household's mailbox (must be residential lot)

6. you will get a menu; click on 'household'

7. you will get more options; click on 'make all happy'

Viola! If done correctly, all the Sims' Needs in your household should increase significantly. I found it very useful when you have a lot of cranky Sim children :hissyfit:

8. muffin-tacos

Or, like Jud said, you can just use the MaxMotives cheat and the whole household's motives go all the way up. It requires Nightlife though, so if you don't have NL, then your way might be better, Mkimm -- though I have to admit I don't know if your cheat requires NL too or not. :eek:

9. mkimm93

mkimm93 New Member

i don't have Night Life; i have OFB and Pets. so the MaxMotives cheat probably doesn't work for me. but i think the boolprop cheat will work for anybody. if you want to try "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true", it does more than just boosting all Sims needs. you can impregnate your Sims, kill your Sims various ways (i killed one Sim by a massive group of flies!), speed up pregnancy, automatically make 50 friends for your sim, and a lot more. you can use that cheat for practically anything. :D

10. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

True, but if you don't know what you're doing with it you can severely damage your game and mess up your sims/lots. We don't recommend using it unless you know what you're doing.

11. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

If you have Bon Voyage the pets control cheats will work on vacation buddies. Normally vacation buddies (sims not of the initiating household) are not controllable. But the pets controlling cheats enable you to cancel the actions of your holiday guests and to order them about. Comes in useful when managing an important (and expensive) holiday!

I think, but can't be sure, that the cheats are avaliable with BV even if Pets isn't installed. Can someone without pets let me know.

The cheats are:

1. boolProp PetsFreeWill false/true [not actually tried this one, but the other two work in my game]
    2. boolProp PetActionCancel false/true
    3. boolProp ControlPets off/on

If, like me, you use a lot of cheats then you might like to create a userstartup.cheat file. Apart from setting some cheats which act on all lots so you don't even have to type them in, it also allows you to set short cheat names so that you can set a cheat eith less typing.

For example I type mon/moff for moveObjects on/moveObjects off

The contents of my start up cheat file are shown in the box below. The first command line: floatProp tvVolume 0.2 make the TV's in the game a bit quieter.

The rest are self explanatory. I had a set of Post It notes on the wall next my screen for a few weeks until I remembered all the "aliases" (the short codes). The cheat file can be edited with Notepad or just use one you like, for example mine. Available below to download. Just unzip into the folder called Config in this path:

Documents\EA Games\The Sims2\Config

Code:
    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #     alias         real command                                    brief help                         full help
    #     ------------- ----------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------- --------------------------------
    floatProp tvVolume 0.2

#
    # Cheat shortcuts use the format:
    # alias alias defintion "The Cheat Code" "Short Descn" "Long Descn"
    #

alias mon "moveObjects on" "Move Objects On" "Move Objects On"
    alias moff "moveObjects off" "Move Objects Off" "Move Objects Off"
    alias chon "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" "Debug Mode On" "Debug Mode On"
    alias choff "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false" "Debug Mode Off" "Debug Mode Off"
    alias diagon "boolProp allow45degreeangleofrotation true" "45 Degree Angle Allowed" "45 Degree Angle Allowed"
    alias diagoff "boolProp allow45degreeangleofrotation false" "45 Degree Angle Not Allowed" "45 Degree Angle Not Allowed"
    alias snapon "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid true" "Snap Objects to Grid On" "Snap Objects to Grid On"
    alias snapoff "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false" "Snap Objects to Grid Off" "Snap Objects to Grid Off"
    alias flooroff "boolprop constrainFloorElevation false" "Floor tile elevation fixing off" "Floor tile elevation fixing off"
    alias flooron "boolprop constrainFloorElevation true" "Floor tile elevation fixing on" "Floor tile elevation fixing on"
    alias roof3 "roofSlopeAngle 45" "Normal Roof Slope" "Normal Roof Slope"
    alias roof4 "roofSlopeAngle 36.86989" "TAN 0.75 Roof Slope" "TAN 0.75 Roof Slope"
    alias roof5 "roofSlopeAngle 30.96375" "TAN 0.6 Roof Slope" "TAN 0.6 Roof Slope" 
    alias ind3 "individualroofSlopeAngle 45" "Normal Roof Slope" "Normal Roof Slope"
    alias ind4 "individualroofSlopeAngle 36.86989" "TAN 0.75 Roof Slope" "TAN 0.75 Roof Slope"
    alias ind5 "individualroofSlopeAngle 30.96375" "TAN 0.6 Roof Slope" "TAN 0.6 Roof Slope" 
    alias pb "plumbBobToggle" "Toggles PlumbBobs on/off" "Toggles PlumbBobs on/off"
    alias boff "showHeadlines off" "turns off balloons" "turn off balloons"
    alias doff "boolProp dormspecifictoolsdisabled true" "turns off dorm build" "turns off dorm build" 
    alias don "boolProp dormspecifictoolsdisabled false" "turns off dorm build" "turns on dorm build"
    alias pon "boolProp ControlPets on" "turns on Pet Control" "turn on Pet Control"
    alias poff "boolProp ControlPets off" "turns off Pet Control" "turn off Pet Control"
    alias pcan "boolProp PetActionCancel true" "turns on Pet Action Cancel" "turn on Pet Action Cancel"
    alias pcoff "boolProp PetActionCancel false" "turns off Pet Action Cancel" "turn off Pet Action Cancel"
    alias pfw "boolProp PetsFreeWill true" "turns on Pets Free Will" "turn on Pets Free Will"
    alias nopfw "boolProp PetsFreeWill false" "turns off Pets Free Will" "turn off Pets Free Will"
    alias decoff "motivedecay off" "turns off motive decay" "turns off motive decay"
    alias decon "motivedecay on" "turns on motive decay" "turns on motive decay"
    alias z "maxmotives" "maximises motives" "maximisers motives"

Attached Files:

12. suitemichelle

more hints

Badges and Badge cheats

To Cheat: You can get badges by using 'boolprop testingcheatsenabled true' and then click Spawn.. and then More.. and then Badge Juicer.

To not cheat: (according to the Prima Guide)

How Badges are Earned:

Badges are earned by doing tasks associated with them.

*Building robots, toys, or flower arrangements earn sims points toward the corresponding badges.

*Ringing up purchases at a cash register develops a Sim's register badge.

*Doing sales socails hones a Sim's Sales Talent Badge

*Restocking (restocking anything) builds toward the restocking talent badge.

*Doing makeovers at the Ug-No-More Makeover Station adds to the Cosmetology Talent Badge

Talent Badges & Skills:

The rate at which sims earn points toward a badge is affected, in part, by their level in a corresponding skill. The higher their skill level, the faster they'll accumulate points toward their Talent Badges. With a skill maximized, a related Talent Badge should take about half the time to achieve.

Talent Badges, Skills, & Personality

Talent Badge*Badge Accelerating Skill *Skill-Accelerating Personality

Cosmetology Cleaning*Neat

Flower Arranging Creativity*Playful

Register Logic*Serious

Restocking Body*Active

Robotery Mechanical*None

Sales Charisma*Outgoing

Toy Building Mechanical*None

13. muffin-tacos

Thank you, Michelle! I've been looking for a cheat for them badges for ages! Getting them the honest way didn't work out so well for me.:p

14. MurderScene.Doll

MurderScene.Doll Tamara </3

i don't think it works out for anyone:rolleyes:

15. suitemichelle

16. sailorchiiavalon

sailorchiiavalon Addicted to Sims 2!

InSim is good if you know how to use it.

17. soul_scion

soul_scion New Member

did anyone else find that the 'agesimcheat [on/off]' doesn't work?

grrr...

18. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Try 'aging on' or 'aging off'.

19. SaritSch

SaritSch New Member

SIms 2 Cataways

Hi Everyone
    Does any one knows how to make the hints come up? Or how to be able to redeem the story rewards? How to find the clues to advance the game?
    I would appreciate the help

20. Sim2 Rox da World

Sim2 Rox da World New Member

for anyone using boolprop when you press the create a family button hold down 'shift + N' and that will give you access to npc clothing and hairstyles, use 'shift + M' to turn it off.