SimCity 4 Game requirements

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by starchip, Nov 8, 2002.

1. golfbunny

golfbunny New Member

Graphics cards are becoming increasingly important in games these days.

2. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Does anyone know what's considered a few of the better graphics cards out there? I only know my friend is nuts about G-Force-something....

3. Droz

Droz New Member

Radeon Pro 9700 (9000) and XTasy GeForce4 TI4600 (TI4400) are the big ones. (The ones in parenthesis are the "second best" by the manufacturer)

4. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

And they Cost!!!!!! There are really good graphics card with much better range of prices. I know NVidias Gforce are overall good. Then it's the prestanda. According to most ppl I will do real fine with my GForce 2 32 mb 3 D now even for Sim City 4.
    The thing is that if yu are onto videoediting or playong those real tough flight games and such - then you need more. It depends what you are doing with your computer.
    I would like to upgrade to GForce 4 64 mb something (there are some different ones) - but can't afford that too now. :)

5. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Eventually my hubby wants to get back into his art major stuff and work on video editing... and I want to make and edit little movies made with friends too... and then there's the fact we're hoping to get what's "current" as the best now, so it can last like 5-8 more years before we're out of date again! :p :D :whitekitty:

6. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

IF you want to do video editing and graphics, the Macintosh Computers are superior.

Regular day to day PC use would be the IBMs (PC Compatible). You can do video and graphics on them too, but it seems the Macintosh are always superior to the PCs.

7. sam_lawrence

sam_lawrence SimCity Moderator

That is 100% correct, Josh.
    Mac's especially excell using Adobe Photoshop.

8. Emidio

Emidio New Member

I love Mac's Design!! They're way better than pcs! :LOL:

9. sam_lawrence

Good to see some people can still see through PC's. :p

10. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

I thought this was about gamerequirements?? I still want to know!!! For sure!!
    Rick!! You've been playing SC4. what do we really need??

11. sam_lawrence

Well i would probably double the requirments if you wanted to run the game smoothly.

12. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

You should always do that. :classic:

13. sam_lawrence

Thats why even im upgrading soon.

14. DarkMan

DarkMan New Member

i saw on one of the chat transcripts that it'll take 1 gig as of right now

15. mvk_99

mvk_99 New Member

I dont even know what i have. :(

16. sam_lawrence

And between 5 and 25 megs per region.

17. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Yes. But that's Harddrive space you talking about. I want to know the minimum processor, RAM, and graphics requirements. I HAVE heard minimum 700 mhz processor, but I don't know how true that is. An on the last events noone has said anything either about it.

*sighes deeply* I want to know for sure...

18. sam_lawrence

500Mhz
    64-128mb ram
    32mb Video

But to run it perfectly you'd want atleast 1000Mhz, 128-256mb ram, and a 64mb videocard.

19. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

1000Mhz is equal to 1Ghz... right? We're looking at trying to get a least a gig of hertz!! ;) We looked at some 1.5 Ghz speed processors the other day.... sigh....

20. sam_lawrence

Well you wouldnt need 1 Ghz, but you'd need something round there to run SC4 smoothly. I cant believe how fast processors have gotten just in the last few months - they're up to 2.5 Ghz arent they?