How Do I Get my Sim to get the mail?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lorelei92950, Sep 12, 2010.

1. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Get my Sim to get the mail?

My sim suddenly will not get the mail. In fact no one in the house will. There's mail in there all right. Any idea why this would happen or what to do?

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Have you messed with the mailbox by chance ? (moved it or used any custom recolors of the mailbox)?
    You may have to end up moving them off the lot if it continues unless you want to keep fighting with the repo man.

3. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

I did not move it until this happened, however I've moved mailboxes over a bit before and nothing happened. Sometimes the way the school bus is in relation to the mailbox the kids can barely get in or out of the bus. I was about to have Brandi broke move out with her foster daughter to marry Julien Cooke and let her son keep the house, but probably I will move it out and put it in the house bin. Just curious, if I do that will it never work again no matter where I put it? Or is it the location of the lot in the neighborhood?

4. swmeek

A lot of times (or so I've heard) once the mailbox has become messed up like that it normally stays that way and you normally have to scrap the lot.

5. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

I lucked out. For some reason when I went back in the next day (their next day and mine) it seems to have cleared itself out. I was able to get the mail. I was prepared to move them out, though. Thanks for replying, though.

6. swmeek

And then sometimes it just gets buggy for a little bit!
    You're welcome!