Ghost Stories.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by OinkUsed2BABunny, Mar 14, 2005.

1. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

Ghost Stories.

You can make one up, copy and paste, or just post from experience. It doesn't matter as long as it'll make your blood run cold. ;)

Pics are also welcome, but try to link it instead of ing it so wussies like me don't get a nasty surprise. :p

=======
    [COLOR=Red][b][size=4]Red[/size][/b][/COLOR]

This took place in the old days when the houses in Japan still used paper sheets for walls and doors. A young business man was traveling through town after a day of hard work. He though he could make it back home but it got dark before he knew it. He didn't want to waste time going back to the town for shelter and thought perhaps he could find a house down the road. Lucky for him, he saw a glimmer of light a little ways off the road and decided to try asking for shelter there. He came upon this little hut and knocked on the door. An old man came out and asked if he could be of any help. "Would you be so kind to let me stay tonight? I will pay you for a room."

"Nonsense! I'll be happy to let you stay. I don't many visitors out here. Come on in!" Te old man said. He gave the young man food and told him he could have the spare room. While walking to his appointed room, the young man noticed another room right next to his. Saying thanks to the kind old man, the young man went into his room. After he blew out the candle to go to sleep, the young man heard a soft melodic sound from the next room. It sounded like someone singing. Being curious, he crawled to the wall, wet his finger, and poked a little hole in the wall (remember the wall was made of rice paper). He peeked into the hole and saw the most beautiful woman dancing and singing, her long black hair covered one side of her face. He looked away from the wall and thought to himself, why didn't the old man introduce them? He decided to look back into the hole but all he saw was a red glow and nothing else. Maybe he was dreaming, he thought, and decided to go back to bed.

The next morning, the young man was waken up to eat breakfast. While they were both seated, the young man asked his host who was the beautiful woman in the room next to his last night. The old man was shocked. "There's no one there. That was my daughter's room until she died. She was born with a disfigurement and could never find a suitor to marry her, so she ended her life in that room."
    "What was the disfigurement?"
    "She was born with one red eye."

2. TheCrow21

TheCrow21 Pie Fanatic

Hey, that's cool, i like it :D.
    I'd do a story but kinda got a blank mind at the moment, i'll do one soon :)

3. OinkUsed2BABunny

Good. +1 to the crowd. :D

I'll try to update with at least a story a day. The stories will mostly be pulled from other forums/sites, so expect some inconsistencies and repetition.

Here's today's:

=======
    "Four Corners"

A group of 5 hikers decided to ascend a mountain. During the trek a snowstorm occured making it impossible to continue. Since there was no choice, they decided to seek refuge in an abandoned cottage that was nearby. And decided to wait there until the weather improved. The cottage was very small, and was poorly built. Meaning no electricity. The blizzard was still blowing.

It became night time and the temperature sharply decreased. Because of the sudden decrease temperature, one of the hikers died from the cold and fatigue. The remaining four were also very tired. But, if they fell asleep, they worried that they might freeze to death. The leader decided to play a game to keep themselves awake. So they dragged the dead body to center of the room. And all four hikers sat in different corners.

In the darkness, they started their excercise (lack of a better word). First hiker number 1, puts his back against the wall and sits. Using his arms strength he slides towards number 2 and hits number 2's shoulder. Number 2 does what number 1 does and hits the shoulder of number 3. Number 3 does the same thing to number 4. And then number 4 to number 1. They do this over and over again. If they felt sleepy, the hit on their shoulder would wake them up. They continued this practice until morning.

The next day the blizzard stopped. And the group of hikers descended the mountain.

But then the leader noticed something was wrong....

4. blonde1

blonde1 New Member

Huh?

I really liked the Red ghost story, but the four corners was confusing. I even asked my hubby to tell me what happened cause I didn't get it....he didn't either. What happened?

5. TheCrow21

TheCrow21 Pie Fanatic

That's a cool story, but i don't understand the end, what happened?

6. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Good little stories, Oink. "Red" was kind of creepy at the end, but I don't really understand Four Corners... Are you leaving it as a cliff-hanger, or are we just not getting it?

7. OinkUsed2BABunny

Bwahahaha! It IS a little hard to comprehend at first, but if you visualize your monitor as the cabin, you'll realize that 4 people wasn't enough to complete the chain... :eek:

There was a much scarier, and albeit a lot longer, movie adaptation of this little story, but it's much too long for words and better on screen anyways. Lots of creepy little visual touches to add to the already scary plot.

Now, my next submition isn't a story, per se, but it's got to do with ghosts anyway. Hope you enjoy it. I did. :winks:

The Dead Case (A Flash game)

8. Sylla

Sylla New Member

I still don't get it :confused:

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Me either. My computer screen has 4 corners ... just the right number :p

(I refuse to look at another one in case I don't get it either ;) )

10. OinkUsed2BABunny

Ok, imagine the 4 dudes are each sitting clockwise in their respective corners, and Hiker #1 is in the NW corner. He leaves his own corner, and scoots over to #2's corner (in the NE) to hit him on the shoulder, and then #2 does the same, and so on. Tell me how they comleted the cycle with only 4 (living) people?

The story isn't even scary any more it's been disected so much. -_-

Anyways, time for a little break:
    There She Is!!
    Part 1
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/161181

Part 2
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/224148

The only thing scary about today's submition is the rabbit girl and her friends.

11. Sylla

Sylla New Member

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, i had imagined a very small cabin, where they only needed to scoot a short distance and then went back to their respective corners, you had said nothing about them taking the place of the person whose shoulder they hit....

12. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I still don't get it. I must be missing an important rule somewhere. Any 4 people (with two arms and two legs) could perform the stipulated exercise in a four walled, four cornered room (so long as the walls are planes :p )

13. Sylla

Sylla New Member

Ok Mirelly, this is the best I can do to explain this thing (cos I know your not going to rest untill it's solved :D ).

Hiker 1 takes hiker 2s spot, hiker 2 moves and takes hiker 3s spot , hiker 3 moves and takes hiker 4s spot, but because hiker 1 has moved, there is no one in that corner.

Bad explanation I know, but hopefully you get it now....

Attached Files:

14. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Let's all just play mafia..

15. SolidSnake_19

Are you saying that you want us to wack the newbies?

'Cause I'll do it.
    My standard fee is $0.50 plus supplies, so that's an average of $0.75 a wack. You can't beat that super-saver pricing.

"Lower prices everyday!"

On to the Four Corners: Okay, I get it now and it is a little creepy. But not as creepy as when I didn't understand it.

16. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Thanks for going to all that trouble, Scylla. I think I now qualify for dummy of the month award. :eek:

17. OinkUsed2BABunny

Then the world must be a frightening place, eh? ;)

18. SolidSnake_19

You have no idea how terrifying it really is. ;)

19. OinkUsed2BABunny

Can't be any scarier than the cabin YOU live in. :p

Today's story comes from the site www.biteycastle.com, and Adam Phillips is the author of both. Go check it out, he does wonderful Disney style Flash animations, and writes one heck of a ghost story, too.

=========
    The Cold Man

Newcastle, NSW Australia

Told to me by my uncle in 1988

When he was about 26 one of my uncles, Lionel, lived with a house-mate in a small apartment house in the suburb of Maitland, near Newcastle back in the late 80's. I forget the other guy's name, so I'll just call him Dave in this story.

Strange things began to happen in and around the house, and Lionel tells me it all started when, late one evening while watching television, they both could hear a distant metallic banging. The noise quickly became louder and closer, and soon it sounded like heavy footsteps running across the rooftops high above. From the loudest point directly above their heads, the banging continued on and faded off into the distance. What made this even more peculiar is the fact that the rooftops of those tenement houses were high-peaked with very steep slopes.

This happened irregularly, but always late at night on several occasions Lionel and Dave dashed outside as the first few distant footsteps were heard, but they never saw anything. After a few weeks, the phantom rooftop jogger stopped.

While this wasn't too scary in itself, the house became really creepy one particular weekend when Lionel was jolted awake by the sound of the radio in the living room blasting music at full volume. He bolted out of bed, into the living room and switched it off. Dave came out from his room and Lionel, thinking that Dave was to blame said angrily, What do you think you're doing?? Dave was just as annoyed however he thought it was Lionel who'd turned on the radio. They both went back to their beds, putting it down to some kind of weird coincidence.

Following that night it happened four nights in a row, and each time it was in the small hours of the morning between about 2:30 and 4:00 am. A couple of times it was not just the radio, but the television and the lights in the living room as well. One of those nights, the radio came on and Lionel ran out into the bright living room and turned it off. In the silence that followed, he noticed that Dave wasn't home. He was still out on the town partying, and the grim realization dawned on Lionel that he was alone in the house!

Now the house was an old place, so you can understand that one could not walk in a straight line without a few dozen floorboards creaking. Walking from the front door, down the hallway past the bedrooms and into the living room, it was impossible to do it silently.

Well, one particular night, a week or so after the radio/television incidents, Dave had gone to bed an hour or so earlier than Lionel. It was around midnight when Lionel finally turned off the television and the lights, and went to his own room.

Just as he was dropping off to sleep, he heard the hallway floor creaking. He looked and saw a tall, dark shape moving along the hall, past his doorway. Lionel was suddenly convinced that it was Dave sleepwalking, on his way to the living room to turn on the radio. He thought he would catch Dave in the act, so he crept to the door and peered down the dark hallway. Nothing and nobody was there. He started to creep toward the living room, when suddenly Dave emerged from his bedroom behind Lionel and turned on the hall light.

So it's you! Dave accused him. Lionel leapt with fright and as he turned to face Dave, there was a loud crash out in the kitchen beyond the living room, as if someone dropped a tray of crockery. The first obvious thought was that someone was in the house, and was escaping now through the back. However, a check of the kitchen turned up nothing. No intruder, nothing broken.

When Lionel told Dave what he'd seen walking past his bedroom door, the two of them finally began to consider that the house may be haunted. As they went back through the living room to the hallway and stood talking, they gradually became aware of how cold the hallway had become, and no sooner had Dave commented than a dreadful smell filled the air. It smelled like rotting meat and Lionel told me it's easily the worst thing he's ever sniffed.

The creaking hallway happened a few more times after that night, and each time both guys could smell that dreadful cold, rotting meat. Not long after that, Dave had enough and decided to move out the very next weekend. Lionel decided that if he couldn't get a new house-mate within a week or so, he'd move out too.

He put the word out to his friends, but no takers. Now it starts getting worse, because Lionel was now living alone in this horrible place. Surprisingly, not much happened for a few nights after Dave left, and Lionel began to think that maybe whatever it was, had played its tricks and moved on.

As you might expect though, Lionel was asleep one night when he heard a board creak in the hallway. He thought to himself, This is it I'm never going to get any peace unless I confront it'. He gathered a heap of courage, got out of bed and stepped into the cold, and now stinking hallway. He walked toward the front door and switched on the hall light, then began to walk back toward the dark living room. He stood at the entrance to the living room for a moment, and was about to reach for the switch when he heard a board creak behind him. He turned quickly to see a man towering over him, and as he spun to face it, Lionel's elbow passed quietly through the man's torso. He later told me that as his elbow passed through the man, it was cold like ice. The man was well over 6-feet in height, he had light-blue eyes, shoulder-length blonde hair, and wore only a pair of dark trousers. Lionel stammered, what do you want? and instantly the man vanished.

Terrified, Lionel went to his room, left the light on and sat on his bed until sleep overtook him. When he was telling me this story, I found it very hard to understand how he could possibly stay in that house for another night, but he stayed there for several nights after.

The next day was a Friday in the afternoon he arrived home from work, showered and went out clubbing with friends. He returned very late with a large group of them, and they continued drinking and partying in the house until dawn. The same happened on Saturday night, so the Sunday night was Lionel's first night alone in the house since the appearance of the ghost three nights before.

He was sleeping soundly with the light on, when he was woken by the sound of the floor, and that dreadful smell. When he opened his eyes, he was facing the wall and could feel that someone was in the room. He turned his head to look over his shoulder and the ghost was standing beside the bed, that expressionless face looking down at him. Lionel froze, staring at the man's face and after a second or two it vanished silently once again.

Knowing that it was certain to happen again, Lionel got his instant camera and held it beside him in bed. Just before dawn, he was woken again and the man was standing, this time at the foot of the bed. He quickly pointed the camera and as the flash fired, the man vanished. That morning, he went to his brother's house for breakfast, vowing never to sleep in that house again.

Lionel took the Monday off work and moved all his stuff over to his brother's house, where he stayed until he found somewhere else. He told the photo processing house to print every exposed frame in the film. When he got the photos back, the one he'd taken at the foot of his bed showed nothing but white.

Lionel now lives on Queensland 's Gold Coast with a wife and kids.

20. blonde1

blonde1 New Member

where's the new story?

I've been randomly checking here and hoping for a new scary story and haven't heard one yet! I did get the four corners one after you told me to visualize it on my computer screen. Guess the hikers should be happy the ghost was just hitting them on the shoulder and not doing other stuff!