Ghosts-how to prevent them from coming out?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by person123, Oct 17, 2004.

1. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Ghosts-how to prevent them from coming out?

right now i'm playing with the pre-made families(the dreamers, to be specific) and they all have dead people!!! i hate seeing them, especially since they make a creepy music when they come out, and i get so creeped out when that happens. how can i stop them from coming out? is selling the grave/urn the only way? because i don't want to...darleen seems like she'd been such a nice person...

2. Deva

Deva New Member

Selling their tombstone/urn is unfortunately the only option if you want to get rid of them. No walls or objects can stop this restless spirits from haunting their former home...
    In fact, I like the music and sounds they make. So soothing and beautiful.

3. person123

i'm a weakling and a baby, soo...i get really freaked out. also, if darren sees darleen's ghost at nighttime and not during a ghost-hunting party thingy(whatever they're called), will he fill his want of seeing a ghost? and will there be a risk of him dying of fright?

4. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

He will fulfill the "seeing a ghost" want but could then die of fright if he has a fear of ghosts or is constitutionally or emotionally not well. (Some of these conflicting wants/fears are tricky.)

5. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I have one Sim who keeps getting "scared to death" when her husband's ghost pops out! She literally keels over and dies!! I get so mad at him. She is a single parent since he died, and so I have to watch these little children mourn helplessly until the social worker picks them up before I can restart the game!!

6. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

that happened to me too....... only my toddler was alone in her crib... until the nanny showed up the next day. I don't know what will happen when the nanny is supposedd to go home. and she was doing so well.. getting potty trained and all. really a bummer

7. person123

ok, my sim just had a baby!! no, TWINS!!!! i made a new family, and she wanted to have a baby, so i let her!!! hehe, the movie is super cool when she gives birth!!! too bad it only happens the first time(yeah, i'm considering making the family bigger. one of the mom's wants is to have 10 children. :eek: ) anyway....how long do the babies take to become toddlers? i want to start potty training and walking and talking right away!!!

8. scorpion85

scorpion85 New Member

my sim has given birth 3 times already, and i've seen the little video all three times, i've never had twins though:( :confused: , any ways, i think it's about three days before they become toddlers, but I may be wrong.Try to give your toddler smart milk, that makes them learn way faster, my first baby knew how to walk, talk was potty trained and had 2 points(each) creativity, logic and charisma by the time he grew up:D

9. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Well, one thing you can do, if the ghosts really bug you, is flip move_objects 1 on, and delete the ghost. That seems to put a crimp in his plans for a bit.

10. kat3

kat3 New Member

what i ussaly do is move the family out then i move the family in another lot and delete the lot that was getting haunted. i really hate doing this but it's the only way for me and i do freak out of ghosts of sims 2. but not that much!

11. dats all a bit complicated ..why dont u put in the cheat unlockCareerRewards the bring them bakc to life move them out and then kill them.....im the past 4 years ive been playn sims not once did my sim die of frite ...well not by a ghost anyway...a toddle i think has six days on the time bar i down loaded a cheat thats a picture of a baby and u click onit the toddlers anme comes up then u click if u want it to learn to walk talk or be ptty trained :D it saves so much time