Going Medevial

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Xenu, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Xenu

Xenu New Member

Going Medevial

Hi.
    I'm about to start a campaign in the pen and paper rolsplaying game Dungeons & Dragons. The first adventures will center around a village where the characters live and most of the characters have grown up. I'm considering creating that Village in The Sims 2.

The neighbourhood should have a dirt road, not asphalt.
    Looking for a temple, a tavern, a trade station, and a bunch of farmer houses complete with barns and such.
    Also looking for medevial farmer clothes and custom skins for elves.

Anyone know where I can download any of this stuff?

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Moved to Other Games general discussion since this has nothing to do with TS2, but is about D&D.

3. Xenu

Xenu New Member

Are you kidding?
    I make a post about that I'm looking for certain skins, houses and neighbourhood types for The Sims 2, and you claim that this posts about stuff for The Sims 2 doesn't have anything to do with The Sims 2? :mad:

4. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

Yer lucky its wasn't locked or deleted...

First:
    The simple fact is this: there are lots of threads about "where do I download ___________________." Use the search function and check out those sites. Plus, TheSims2.com has a house exchange, look there.

Second:
    There aren't neighborhoods with dirt roads. Want one? Bad news, you are going to have to get Sim City 4 and see if you can make one.

Third:
    The sad fact is, until someone cracks the .package coding we are stuck with modern housing. At the oldest you can make Victorian era housing but otherwise everything is going to have a contemproary feel.

5. Xenu

Xenu New Member

Lets see if someone else have made one allready.

I disagree, somewhat. Houses can be made out of stone or wood. There's alot of room for creativity.

6. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

I think rowan was trying to imply that until someone figures a way to effectively open up the .package systems, objects that needs to meet your needs will not be there.

7. Xenu

Xenu New Member

Aye, of course we won't get custom items until someone makes a editor for that. Looking forward to that. But that's another issue.

Giving up on this thread, starting a new one instead.
    If you censor that one as well, I'll assume that people like me are simply not welcome on this board. Your board, so if you want to discriminate against roleplayers then that's your choise. :ermm:

8. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

It was not censored and unfortunately the tool to move the post is not showing the option to move it that it usually does.

Since there are D&D computer games and not a word was said about TS2, and there are not objects for TS2 as yet, nor the ability to make dirt roads, I naturally assumed that you must be speaking of the D&D game you said in your first paragraph that you were playing. My apologies for the mistake.

9. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Moving Back to Sims 2 Discussion Area..