Troubleshooting ~graphical problems with the sims 2~

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by thentorn, Feb 20, 2006.

1. thentorn

thentorn ThE BrAvE

~graphical problems with the sims 2~

:cool: hi, I've had the sims 2 for a while now, but i kept on having many different errors some telling me that i hadn't any compatable graphics adapters with directx 9 and game errors etc when i had directx 9c! :s .For xmas i got a new graphics card, it is a GeForce FX 5500, i tryed running the game on that, and it loaded up, the screen was hardly readable as is was flickering red and all sorts of coloures, the trees of the neighbourhood had text in them and i could see square pixels, ever since, i have made sure i have all the latest patches for the sims 2 and the very lates updates for my graphics card and sound card. My computer meets the minimum requirements for the sims 2 by a considerable amount, why then is the game acting so wierd???

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Are you perchance running the latest drivers available at nvidia.com ?

3. thentorn

thentorn ThE BrAvE

yes im totaly up to date with all patches and graphics updates from nvidia, i just don't know whats wrong :s it could be some of the hardware, hoping its not though...

4. Kungfu Joe

Kungfu Joe New Member

hmmm....trippy. Seems like a video fault. Try geting older drivers. Get the second-to-latest drivers. No promises, but its worth a shot, right?

5. FreezingHelp

FreezingHelp New Member