Troubleshooting !@$@$@$#@ Graphics Card and NL!!!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Kristalrose, Sep 13, 2005.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Note: If you have Windows Media Center Edition, these are the wrong drivers :)

2. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

Oh well that explains it. I do! No wonder it didn't work.:rolleyes: So could you give me now the correct link?

3. ManagerJosh

4. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

Thank you again, hopefully this time it will work.:)

5. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

After I downloaded it it still didn't make any changes.:( Tell me if this is how its suppost to look like at the highest graphics.
    [​IMG]

And its kinda of weird, it maybe my eyes are decieving me but it seems for the that a lot of the textures are a lot less detailed.

6. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

looks to me like its running in software rendering mode. id say doublecheck your drivers and see if theres anything odd going on in the graphics settings in ts2.

7. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

Sorry I'm kinda of new with computers but where I would go to find that information? I have Windows XP Media Edition.

8. ManagerJosh

It's within the game Blade.

9. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

So there is no way to find the information?

10. ManagerJosh

Check within your game Blade. It's under Game Options.

11. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

Oh thanks, I just checked and everything is at the highest adn the problem still occurs. Is it one of those three options under reflections, Sim Detail, etc.?

12. ManagerJosh

Hit Default and Restart Your Game :)

13. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

The other buildings still look the same as they did before.:mad: But downloading the driver did make the game a little faster. I don't see why it doesn' change though. I have a good graphics card.

14. ManagerJosh

What card do you have? Let me do a bit of research with my friends at nVidia :)

15. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Blade said 'I have a Nvidia Geforce 6600 PCI Express.'

16. ManagerJosh

Yea I know he said that. But there are variations of the GeForce 6600. GeForce 6600GT? Regular 6600?

17. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

Sorry its let me read the box. Its a 6600 GTOC Overclocked 128MB GDDR3 PCI Express. Even though this has nothing to do with this but depending on your computer, is there any way to determine how many Sims can be on a community lot at once?