How Do I Handle friends who come along on vacation?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lorelei92950, Dec 30, 2010.

1. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Up until recently the only Sims I have sent on vacation have been Sims who live in the same household. I noticed though that when you book a vacation it lists lots of people who can go along. So I wanted the mother and daughter to go on vacation and bring along a friend of the daughter. I must have done something wrong. When they first got there it showed the friend off on a branch, that made sense, but I could not get her to do anything, even use the toilet. I gave up and tried to go to a community lot. She did not go along but was there when they got there. And finally I could have her use the restrooms, etc.. But when they went to leave, she didn't come. She showed up at home base, back to the beginning where I could not make her do anything again. So I just ended the vacation. Anyone know what the deal is with this?

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

You can't control the visitors who come with you. If you really want to do it, the best way is to form a group with them so that they will at least come along with you when you go to community lots. I never wanted to do this because of all the hassles of not being able to control them.

3. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Thanks, Kat, I was coming to the conclusion that this was the way it was. Screws up all my story plans. I just wish EA Games would have put this in the directions that come with the EP. It's misleading to say the least for them to say "You can bring guests" without adding, "but, oh yeah, you can't control them". It's a stupid option if you can't control them to me, but still they could at least give you fair warning on this.

I'm probably not going to fool with guests anymore, but I'm curious, when you say "form a group" do you mean have the friends over at their house when they leave or something?

4. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

5. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Yep, that's what you do. Those are good explanations, Nyx. (I wouldn't have been nearly so clear, I'm sure.)