Has anyone else seen the "Invisible Ghost"?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by coffeecake13, May 20, 2005.

1. coffeecake13

coffeecake13 New Member

Has anyone else seen the "Invisible Ghost"?

Okay, so I had one of my elders die, and she came out as a "normal" ghost and floated around one night. But then the next day there was an invisible person walking around. I could tell this person was there because there were pixelated dots in the hot tubs and showers that would run when no one else was in them. Has anyone else seen this? And if so, is there anyway to get rid of it?

P.S. Speaking of ghosts, is there any way to prevent them from scaring people to death?

2. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

The invisible ghost is not a ghost, but an invisible live sim. This occurs in older prepatch versions of TS2 in which one of your sims brings back a friend from work on the helicopter, who remains invisible after disembarking.

As for actual ghosts, assuming you do not consider destruction of the tombstone as an acceptable option, ghosts have several limitations on their movement:

1. Like sims, ghosts cannot cross water. If the water is a pool, they may cross it only if proper pool ladders are installed. If the water is made with the water tool, they may not cross it, period.

2. Like sims, ghosts cannot cross foundations without the aid of stairs. This means that a ghost which is trapped inside of a mausoleum elevated on a foundation is unable to leave it.

You can engineer these conditions by waiting for the ghost to appear, then forcibly moving it by move_objects to an appropriate location, whereupon you can seal it there by utilizing its above limitations.

3. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Cool! So you could build the mausoleum, put all the headstones/urns in it and theoretically all the ghost stay there? Will try it today.

4. J. M. Pescado

Well, you have to make them GO there first, which can be accomplished by grabbing them and hauling their a____ there with move_objects, but once there, they stay there for the most part, yeah.

5. iChase

iChase Sims 2 for Mac: W00T!

Wouldn't you just move the urns into the mausoleum?

6. J. M. Pescado

No, the ghosts tend to spawn at the place they last manifested(or died, for the first time), not around their urn.

7. iChase

cool, you learn something every day

8. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Hey, I have a related question ... I have ghosts in at least three houses but I noticed that after the family moved out of one of the houses the ghost seems to have disappeared ... at least her gravestone did. Is that what's supposed to happen?

In another house, which I am deliberately haunting, the ghosts stuck around. At least, the tombstones are still there and I hear scary noises at night. Haven't seen the Normal sisters (Abby and Para) yet. I plan to scare the current inhabitant to death if they ever show up ... poor slob.

But maybe the fact that they both died in the house and left no survivors makes a difference?

Oh, hey funny aside: Death used the toilet after he killed off Abby, and even stuck around the house for a bit. I got a mini bio of him and everything. He's a Taurus, in case you ladies were wondering ... :p

9. iChase

SBW, if Abby and Para's last names, by any chance, Normal. You know Abby Normal and Para Normal. (Every one say them fast and close together now)

10. J. M. Pescado

Amusingly enough, "he" is also apparently a "she". If you manage to get Death electrocuted, it clearly wears the female "fried" underwear. The alternative involves some rather deviant personal habits.

11. surprised_by_witches

Heh, heh, yeah, you caught me. Whose brain is it? Abby somebody. Abby who? Abby ... normal ...

I would expect no less from Death, JMP ...

12. surprised_by_witches

And excuse me? How in the Sims do you electrocute Death? :eek: