Help! Im Goin Mad!

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by juicylucy1989, Aug 22, 2002.

1. juicylucy1989

juicylucy1989 New Member

Help! Im Goin Mad!

HELP ME!!!!! i NEED to know where to goet free EXE downloads. I dont know how to use Zip. and i REALLY wanna download stuff!! :bored:

If NE 1 can help i will be VERY VERY VERY Happy bunny!!:bunny:

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

We have EXEs here at WorldSims. Other sites that have it is http://www.simsplus.com

Very few sites carry the EXE technology and we are thinking of phasing out majority of the EXE technology.

3. juicylucy1989

juicylucy1989 New Member

Thanks but ive downloaded everything from simplus. and here. I need more!!! Im Lucy and im a simoholic!! :ermm:

4. ManagerJosh

You could always use the SimsZip install program. It installs all ZIP files for you automatically. It is at www.SimsPlus.com

5. simmanluva

simmanluva New Member

6. ManagerJosh

Nice choice in Avatar SimManLuva :)

7. juicylucy1989

juicylucy1989 New Member

Thans i downloaded

8. juicylucy1989

juicylucy1989 New Member

Thanks i have downloaded sim zip now and i have downloaded about 1000 things and im not joking! Thanks for your help everyone!!:):D

9. ManagerJosh

10. RedsGirl

RedsGirl New Member

11. juicylucy1989

juicylucy1989 New Member

thank you redsgirl!! :)

12. ManagerJosh

Careful of some of these sites. Some Just install them to wherever. The EXEs we have here allows you to change the installation directory. However some just dump them to wherever...

13. RedsGirl

RedsGirl New Member

While I agree with you on being cautious about downloads - I have downloaded from all those sites and have never had to search out my downloads - they are usually in the downloads folder or Gamedata/userobjects folder.

14. ManagerJosh

Actually I heard they are suppose to goto The Sims/Downloads

I've

15. ManagerJosh

Actually I heard they are suppose to goto The Sims/Downloads

I've always done that and it has always worked with my game.

16. RentechD

RentechD New Member

Actually, they can go in either place... and I use both. From experience I have found that if you like to organize your objects in different folders (like type or artist) then you are better off using the the sims/downloads folder and creating your subdirectories there. You can create subdirectories in gamedata/userobjects but it will really mess with your game performance. The problem with subdirectores and/or using both /downloads and /userobjects is that you can get conflicts if you are not careful - by simply having two copies of the same object in two different places. I have also noticed that if I get more then about 1000 files in /userobjects perfomance also suffers. On the other hand any time I download a .far file form a site I always put it in /userobjects - I find it often will not load from the /downloads directory.

For practical purposes I keep most downloaded objects in /downloads - usually sorted into subdirectories alphabetically and under the artists name for those that have a great many objects to their credit. This way - if I get a conflict all I have to do is run a quick little batch file that loops theough /downloads and looks for two objects with the same name.

For .FAR files that I download and for the ocassional file that will not seem to load when placed in /downloads/ I use the gamedate/userobjects but I keep the number of files there to a minimum.

:bunny:

17. RedsGirl

RedsGirl New Member

I move all my iff files into FAR files in the userobjects folder to increase my load time and keep organized - I don't want that set in there anymore than I can easily take it out. I use the object manager from www.simenhancer.com

18. RentechD

RentechD New Member

Now thats a good idea :cool:

19. LordBrain515

LordBrain515 New Member

Actually, I'm pretty sure they are really supposed to go in GameData/UserObjects. Why else would Maxis create that folder?

20. ManagerJosh

No idea. But a lot of sites, including Simsplus and Myself, and maxis has the items going to The Sims/Downloads.

I know maxis does that since I disassembled one of their EXE files :D