Troubleshooting help please

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by saramichele81, Aug 6, 2009.

1. saramichele81

saramichele81 New Member

help please

I have vista. and the sims2 double deluxe. they are not friends, and I have been trying to figure this out for months. I can't get into a house. If I select a family and go to move in, the computer freezes and I have to shut down the game. If I create a family the same thing happens. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice and when I tried to download the main patch for it, my computer tells me that it is up to date. I've tried doing what 'challyse' did with the Intell GM965 driver, but I don't have that particular driver.
    any help would be great, thanks!

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Post a dxdiag.

3. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Just so you know just because the game installed doesn't mean the computer will run the game.
    Clcik the start button and in the search field type in dxdiag and click ok.
    Let it run a bit and then click the save all information button and selct desktop when it asks you where.
    Right mouse click the dxdiag text file and save it as a compressed or zipped folder.
    Attach that to your reply.

4. saramichele81

saramichele81 New Member

here's the dxdiag

Attached Files:

5. Flameback777

6. saramichele81

saramichele81 New Member

yes. no matter how I try it, the game crashes.

7. saramichele81

saramichele81 New Member

i tried to install the drivers you sent me to, but I received an error message reading:
    "the driver being installed is not validated for this computer. please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer's manufacturer"

8. Flameback777

Move or delete the "The Sims 2" folder from Documents\EA Games.
    When you start the game next it will create the default neighborhoods and families again. See if this helps.

You say the computer freezes. Does this mean you have the restart the entire computer using the power/reset button or can you Alt+Tab out of the game window?

At which point does it freeze when creating the family in CAS? Right at the end where the family is being saved? Or while adding sims?

9. saramichele81

saramichele81 New Member

I can alt+tab out of the game. the game freezes while saving sims/families or when moving a premade family in.

10. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Are you using any mods or hacks or custom content?

11. saramichele81

saramichele81 New Member

12. Flameback777

Did you move/delete that folder from your Documents folder? A corrupt neighborhood could be causing this problem.

13. saramichele81

saramichele81 New Member

so it seemed to be working when I did that, but I clicked on the pleasant family, just to try something and I got a black screen once the load screen went away.

14. Flameback777

What do you mean it seemed to be working? Did it work loading any other families? Is the game still crashing in CAS?

15. saramichele81

saramichele81 New Member

the lights that roll across the "loading" page actually rolled across the page instead of going by once and never coming back like they do when the game crashes. nothing worked.

16. jpladers40

jpladers40 New Member

shes got the exact same computer and prob as me. ive tried all of this stuff, but its still not working.