How Do I Help with the aging cheat?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Caspian, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Caspian

Caspian New Member

Help with the aging cheat?

Hey, so I always have the aging cheat turned on so that my sims don't age. However, two of my sims recently had a baby, but after a while it gets annoying having an infant forever. Is there a way to turn aging on for that baby and the baby only, keeping everyone else the same way? I plan to have it grow until teen or so, and then turn aging back off. Is there a way to do that? Also, does the aging cheat affect the entire town you're in, or just the family that you're playing?

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

To my knowledge no.
    I don't know if you can use the boolprop testingcheatenabled true cheat to force a birthday on the baby or not.
    You might look over at the Sims2 Wiki site and see if there is anything relevant there.

3. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Turn aging on and just have the adults drink the elixir of life.

4. Rhianne

Rhianne New Member

this used to be a problem for me - with my cheat, the sims may age by one day, depending on how quickly this works.

1.Put the infant/infants on the floor. DO NOT ALLOW THE ADULTS TO PICK THEM UP!
    2.Type in the cheat bar 'boolprop testingcheatsenabled true' (without quotes)
    3.Shift + click on the baby
    4.Choose, make selectable
    5.Repeat the previous two steps.
    6.You can now see the hunger,comfort etc levels of the baby.
    7.You must now turn aging on
    8.Shift and click on the baby, press more, spawn, tombstone of L and D (life and death)
    9.On the tombstone click age transition cinematic
    10.Now you may allow one of the adults to pick up the baby but ONLY if it says help with birthday/have birthday
    11.If this does not happen the first time repeat steps 8,9 and 10.
    12. Eventually the baby will have its birthday.
    13.You may now turn off aging.

Bit complicated but hope this helped :)