Hi, there, Person123

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lynet, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Hi, there, Person123

We've missed you around here. Hope you're getting through everything OK, all the tests and stuff you were worried about. :)

Well, drat! I saw her online but she was gone in a wink. Maybe she'll see this when she comes back in a week or so. :rolleyes:

2. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Heh, sorry about not talking or anything. I have been reading what you guys are saying, but I haven't really been in the mood to say anything.

So I got into all Honors classes. When I showed my mom the placement letters, I was expecting congratulations and a hug, but instead I got a lecture on how hard I'm going to have to work next year.

I'm also taking the SATs in March. Very, very nervous. It's not just that I'm afraid I won't do well, but I just really don't want to take it.

Not only do I have all these troubles with school, but there are also some issues with my friends. Suddenly Sohee, one of my best friends, is "going out" with Jeff, one of my other best friends, and they're starting to go through the "Married Couple" syndrome--they're more mature and don't hang out with their other friends as much. I think that, at a time like this, it'd be best to cling to our childhoods as long as possible. I know that Sohee is going through the same parental issues as I am, and I don't think it's good for her that now she has to worry about boys as well as doing well in school. She doesn't laugh as much as she used to before Jeff. I talked to her about how much she's worrying all of her friends, and she promised that she's going to take things slow, but...yeah.

I guess that it shows how much I'm worried about which problems by how much I talked about each one. :eek:

3. Lynet

Lynet New Member

LOL, 123, you still have your sense of humor, and it's why I miss you here, that's for sure.

You will get through it. Keep telling yourself that.

And you're right that your friend doesn't need the burden of that kind of boyfriend. Unfortunately, you can only help by being open to her wanting to talk about it some time. People get so defensive about those they love, or think they love, and trying to separate them only makes matters worse. They get secretive, and think that no one in the whole world understands how they feel.

Go hug you mother and don't tell her why. Be mysterious. She may get all flustered but that's half the fun.

4. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

I just stole this idea and tried it.
    "what do you want, if it's anything electronic, i'm not buying it."
    she said that quietly while hugging me.
    Very evil mother i have. I think she mightve read this thread :ninja:

I try do i not? :eek:

5. Lynet

Lynet New Member

ROTFL, Jazz, but good for you.