SimCity 4 Hmm...

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by jeffmm2, Jan 28, 2003.

1. jeffmm2

jeffmm2 New Member

Hmm...

Earlier, I tried to dezone most of the commercial while having it on pause, then I turned it back on play mode. Guess what? The commercial shot right back up in less than a second. But here's the bad news.. it went back down again....I tried to vary the taxes of the commercial, but nothing would make it stay up for a few monthes.

But I havn't tried to make commercial zones lighter just yet.. I might have to try that later on.... I hope it works!! ;)

P.S. Oh and, thanks Nina... Lol...i don't know if you were replying to my thread, but oh well. Good luck to you too.

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

If it shot up again, what should you do is rezone some commercial. Medium commercial is the most adviced.

3. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

taxes have an effect of 3 months

4. jeffmm2

jeffmm2 New Member

I did it both ways: Dezoned almost all commercial and later I tried to replace commercial with Medium density commercial, and I still can't get good income. The commercial shot right up for dezoning it, but not for replacing it with mid commercial... Then the residential started to go down, but went back up... The problem is, is that I've taken out a few, large-quantified loans to dezone, and that increased my expences.... There seems to be nothing that I can do because I keep on losing money very fast.

Sorry about the conflict, but do you think I should obliterate/demolish my city? Or is there another way?

5. ManagerJosh

Try increasing residential. When you increase residential, it adds more people to your city and the demand for your commercial increases. If worst comes to worst, zone light residential.

6. jeffmm2

jeffmm2 New Member

Um, I tried to lay out more light residential zones, dezoned a lot of commercial, and the residential and commercial skyrocketed. But the commercial fell right back down again after a year or so..

I don't mean to bother you, Josh, but is there a way where I can give you my city and see if you can get the monthly income higher than monthly expences, like unendingly?

I really appreciate the help you've given me, thanks.. :)

7. ManagerJosh

I don't have SimCity 4. I'm basing my information on real life.
    You might try upgrading the residential to a higher grade. Increasing it to medium.

Industrial, heck build heavy :)

8. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

In real life the budget does not come first - it comes last - at least in the U.K. The local authority decides what they want and then simply demand it. The people have to pay. Its no good moving out - next door will be just as bad. Quite a low level of local tax (or rates or whatever finances local services) is to be found in London. Probably because there are a lot of people in a fairly small area.

9. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Sounds tricky. I've finally got SC3000 to work. :classic: Yay!! So Im relearning this myself as well. Plus i have to learn everything else too. I think there is a basic strategy to it, but it seems hard to get somehow.
    Is there different starting your in SC4 as it is in the earlier games? With different technologies available.

10. jeffmm2

jeffmm2 New Member

No, about the same...

Yeah, when you start Sim City 4 everything is the same....there's a movie...same stuff...

Also, Nina... In SC3000, when starting to build your city, you'll be given a message from a nearby city, I forgot his name, but he wants to make a deal with you for power... Say like if you accept all of his power deals, he will give you about 5 penalties, most likely over 2,000 dollars!! So make sure you reject most of his power deals, especially ones with high penalties..

It only makes sense not to accept it...if you've got a power plant functioning, plenty of income, there's no reason why you should accept any power deals, especially with that one guy...

Just thought I let you know :cool: ..

11. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Thanks a lot!!! :classic: I will certainly keep that in mind.

Ohh. There's some real good strategy questions coming up about SC4 at Alturas Forums. Like this one:

http://www.alturasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1390

Right now there are no answers to it - yet. But this Forum can be pretty good to keep an eye on as well for hints and tips. After all. Rick did play SC4 while it still was under development. :classic:

12. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

SimCity 3 was quite different, wasn't it? You could choose the year you started and there weren't any neighbour deals, were there? The graphics were quite good in that game as well. SC3 was like a different game altogether.

13. anikan

anikan New Member

i have a city of 64.000 ppl an one of 24.000 ppl
    on the first one ive builded slowly ,and if i had more the 1000$
    profit ,i expended money to clinics or schools or police
    you see soon a effect on the area.

but on the secon one if play very differen
    first i put my power and water an garbage on another map
    so ,ive buy my water and power from another city ,its empty there
    just that,so i can build without pollution

first i build a lot of resident in medium or high dence ,a little comerce ,an much industry, i put one school in center of the city
    and one fire station close to the industrie ,an let it run fast until i have a population of 15000 ppl ,so you can make a lot of profit
    i has more the 1000$ a month ,so after a while a has 300.000$
    cash ,so now i build more schools ,en put more zone to let the city grow ,after i have 25000 ppl i put clinics and police stations in the city,but look at your profit ,don't let it gone under the 300$ a month

i hope thats helps for some ppl :D ,i work by me

i have 113.000 ppl in my regio now

goodluck :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

14. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Wow anikan, that sounds really impressive to me!! I don't have the game yet but I hope I get it and I'll try that way of playing it! :D I haven't done well with a city yet in the older game.... :p

15. ManagerJosh

wow anikan. Care to show a few pictures of your regions/cities?

16. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Hello Anikan. Welcome to worlds!! Hope you will like it here and post a lot. (Makes Josh happy :p) :classic:
    Thanks for the tips. I don't have SC4 yet either but all tips are good to get.
    I would also like to see some screenshots from you. I like to drool over them. :classic:
    :bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

17. golfbunny

golfbunny New Member

from the simtropolis guide at www.simtropolis.com

Hope that helps. If not you can always check out the guide at simtropolis

:D :D :D

18. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Thanks a lot Bunny. :classic: