House brag thread

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by surprised_by_witches, May 2, 2006.

1. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Nice work, Caduto - Very Mod!

And Shana, I agree with Mirelly - I love the wrap around porches, balconies, the roof and the chimneys! Looks like it should be overlooking the ocean!

2. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

I played around and made another, smaller house last night.

I think I might change the roof on this one, haven't decided if I like it or not yet.

I didn't furnish this one completely yet, and I still have a few changes I might do to it, such as add another room in the basement...or rather partition it off.

Front View - overlooking the ocean!

Back View - I'm planning on putting a swimming pool down at the end of the steps once someone moves in and can afford it. And looking at this I noticed that I need to put more windows on the back on the top level.

Basement - empty room and bathroom

Middle level - kitchen and bathroom (I just noticed I never put the door into the bathroom, this needs to be fixed!

Upper level - bedroom

Attached Files:

3. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

At first glance I thought that gigantic spire-ish thing was a nose! :eek:

It's very cool, though. Unique...I'd want to live in it!

4. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

What a terrific way to deal with such a steep slope. Magifico!! Brava, Brava!!!!

5. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Here's Morgan, Mallory, Selena and Random's house. It's not much to look at on the outside, kind of large and sprawling, but the interior turned out quite nice, as you can see.

There's a separate music room, library and family room, as well as a foyer. I wanted to have a separate dining room, maybe someday when there's an upstairs there'll be room. Right now the four bedrooms take up a lot of space on the first floor. The two little boys share, and Hunter, as the only girl, gets her own little room.

Once I put in an upstairs the exterior should look nice too. Right now, not really worth posting. Just a loooonnnng white house with a red roof.

Attached Files:

6. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Been meaning to add my two cents to this thread for a while...Finally got the chance.

Here is a cozy seaside cottage. It includes an old root cellar - perfect for those unsightly Aspiration and Career Rewards; a front porch for those warm summer evenings, as well as a double-decker back porch with ocean views; A cozy livingroom and lovely diningroom with spectacular coastal views; and finally, two well appointed bedrooms upstairs.

What more could a Sim Family want?

Attached Files:

7. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Just wanted to say how impressed I am with everyone's houses. They're all so beautiful I'd like to live in one in real life. With ocean views, too! Really nice.

8. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Me too! (Both the "Impressed with everyone's houses" and "I'd like to live in one in real life.") I hope this thread continues...I've really enjoyed seeing other people's creativity! It's been very inspiring!

In the meantime, just a couple more pictures...(I couldn't resist!)

Attached Files:

9. surprised_by_witches

Sacha, as I've mentioned, you are quite a talented sims architect.

I seem to remember you mentioning these were available for download?

Links, please!

10. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

I like the diningroom, Sacha! It's very creative...I wish I had such great ideas.

11. surprised_by_witches

I stole your idea of making a sideboard out of counters, Sacha. The only problem is that they want to use it for making food now. So I had to put stuff on each one. But it looks nice, I think.

12. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Love the dramatic nighttime lighting, Sacha.

13. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Your wish is my command...

Here is a link to the minimally furnished starter cottage - no family, no expansions:

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot_detail.php?asset_id=370888

And here is the link to the fully furnished, remodelled home, complete with family (whom you can move out, of course!)

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot_detail.php?asset_id=370890

Both homes do include two custom floors (a wooden floor, and one that matches the roof tiles.) And the fully furnished home also includes Merola's fabulous painting. (Forgot to get rid of it before uploading!) Other than those items, both custom content and hack free!

14. caduto

caduto New Member

ok, question time :)

how do i get my pictures up with the thumbnails like everyone elses??

thanks

caduto

15. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

How do I get my pictures up with the thumbnails?

Use the Post Reply button - Pic 1

Scroll down to the Manage Attachments button - Pic 2

Use the Pop Up Window to browse to where your pics are to upload them - Pic 3

Eazy Peazy Lemon Squezy :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

16. caduto

caduto New Member

well, this is my brand new mansion.... be kind :)
    ... cant believe i can only upload 5 pics... i had to whittle it down from 11 :(

never mind, please tell me what you all think :)

caduto

Attached Files:

17. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Looks good so far, Cad. Where's the other 6 ... honestly we don't mind you posting 2 or 3 picture posts one after the other if there's a good purpose to it.

The five limit (per message) is to deter misbehaviour ... with no limits a ne'er do well sort could achieve a very effective denial of service by setting up an an infinite upload loop :eek: and that's just the unimaginative sort of malarkey that an idiot like me can imgaine. Just think what a talented criminal mastermind might thunk up if there were no limits. Poor old Manager Josh's bandwidth bills would start to look like a small European country's national debt ... :rolleyes:

18. caduto

caduto New Member

its ok, totaly understand, just shocked me a bit having to choose between them all :)

the other pics are already deleted, so you cant see them :p

i am making another house now, got bored of that one... will try to remember to take nice big high quality images next time!!

caduto

19. surprised_by_witches

Here's a house that Witch Baby made. As you can see, it floats!

Attached Files:

20. alliekat

alliekat Insert quirky comment

That is an awesome house SBW!! Creative talent must just run in the family huh?