House brag thread

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by surprised_by_witches, May 2, 2006.

1. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

I would hate to go out the wrong door.... the first step would be a doozy.

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

LOL at Michelle, and aw shucks, Allie ... I'll be sure to tell Witch Baby you liked her house.

3. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Wow, SBW, Witch Baby is becoming some serious competition for you. :D That house is fantastic. It should be in a Harry Potter movie.

And Caduto, it's beautiful. Glad you round the 'manage attachments' button. ;)

4. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Yes - Witch Baby is becoming quite the creative designer! Has she thought about becoming an Architect some day?

5. ineedhelpPlay

ineedhelpPlay New Member

omg..witch baby..wow..that is really wow!some ppl get all the talent..:bandit:

and caduto..i really like the part where the two cars are wif the indoor swimming pool

6. Lynet

Lynet New Member

So this one isn't clever or carefullly planned. BUt I think it's pretty, so I thought I'd put pictures here. I decided to build a large chapel for a big wedding which will eventually happen for Joe and Ania in my story. Not soon, but I felt like building. It may change as I think about it later (not too happy with the wallpaper right now).

I found some interesting windows over at MTS2 under the 'Midsummer Night's Dream' thread and decided to experiment with them. I put lots and lots of windows in this fairy tale chapel.

7. caduto

caduto New Member

wow, that chapel is amazing!!
    really good work lynet, the windows look beautiful, but shouldnt the big round stained glass window be behind the 'alter'? really like the wallpaper too, i can never find stuff like that when i need it, lol :)

8. surprised_by_witches

So, very, very cool, Lynet.

As always, I'm in awe of your architectural skills.

9. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Oh my, I can't wait to see Joe and Ania get married there! I like the big round window, too...very Notre Dame-ish. I think it looks more like a cathedral, by the way. Maybe there's a big cross-like structure on MTS2.

10. Lynet

Lynet New Member

That was my original plan, to put the round window behind the alter area. However, I didn't look first to see how many spaces the rose window required. :rolleyes: So it would have been off center. I considered tearing down walls and adding or subtracting space...hmmm...to heck with that. It's a fairy tale chapel, not a real cathedral. ;)

:D Thanks, SBW.

Check out that thread I mentioned at MTS2, 123. The stained glass windows are beautiful and include the scenes you'd find in a real cathedral. I know there are crosses available at MTS2. I decided not to use them in my fairy tale chapel. Just trying to be respectful of important symbols.

11. simgurl84

simgurl84 New Member

My houses are always square shaped. I never seem to make them any nice other shapes. Just squares. Ill post a pic later.

12. Lynet

Lynet New Member

That's OK. Start off with a small square house. As the family grows and acquires more simoleons, expand on the house in quirky ways. Eventually you'll have something really interesting and unique.

13. Cabinet

Cabinet Trust Me

Well....

I don't make too many houses, but one I worked very hard on was one based on the house I grew up in.

I know it looks kind of odd....But that's how it was when I was growing up. It's a pretty big house. My sister and her family live in it now. :)

And look--a basement!

Attached Files:

14. surprised_by_witches

Nice house, Cabinet. Very good job on the basement: those are hard!

New house by Witch Baby.

Attached Files:

15. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

and you said she was only eight?

16. surprised_by_witches

Yup. She's always had a good eye for design. I've asked her to bin a couple of houses so I can use them. :)

17. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Good stuff, Cabinet. And my gracious, Witch Baby is a talent. I love the snow covered yard, too. Makes me want to go up and get right into her hot tub.

18. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Just wanna show off a bit cos I'm proud of meself. I just designed this for Pescado's Building Contest Of Awesomeness contest ... :eek: It's probably utterly unawesome but I like it anyway. Y'all can download it if you want ... no custom content except for Pescado's phone and security hacks plus the other useful debug and macrotastic tools

On the market for a reasonable 120,000 simoleons is this fine, not to say modestly awesome property comprising some fine accomodations for sims combined with economy of system resources. The house stand on a small plot and the main rooms are all easily accessible on two main floors. There is additional accomodation in the attic suitable for guests or any other purpose.

The house comes with a nice sized pool and there is plenty of extra space in the rear garden for the addition of a crypt with or without a cellar should such a feature be needed (or thought desirable).

All the family bedrooms have en-suite bathroom/shower-room facilities. The master suite has his and her bathrooms plus a useful dressing area and is immediate adjacent to a good-sized nursery.

Pictures tell the story far better. All labels are above the pictures they relate to.

Plan views:

The Roof
    [​IMG]
    The Attic Floor (showing one version of the floor plan)
    [​IMG]
    The "First" Floor (2nd Floor in USA)
    [​IMG]
    The Ground Floor
    [​IMG]

The external elevations

From the front left
    [​IMG]
    From The rear left
    [​IMG]
    From the rear right (note the small building in the background - it is my bribe)
    [​IMG]

Camera Presets
    For maximum playability, the house is designed to played with preset camera positions. I chose these:

4 = The master bedroom with visual access to all the essential features as well as access to the nursery
    [​IMG]
    5 = The 3 first floor family bedrooms with visual access to all bathroom elements
    [​IMG]
    5 then Page Down = view of the kitchen/dining area as well as sight of the wall mounted phone and downstairs terlet with BYU controller
    [​IMG]
    5 then Page Up = View of the attic rooms (note that this view shows an alternative floor plan - the spacious landing area could be used for one or more career rewards.
    [​IMG]
    6 = Close up view of the dining area
    [​IMG]
    8 = View of the family room where studying and games may be played. This room could easily be converted into a business if desired
    [​IMG]
    9 = A view of the mailbox also giving sight of the lounge and the ideally located homework area near the front door
    [​IMG]

NB The numbers follow my own system and have no other significance. I leave 7 unallocated for miscellaneous ad hoc usages as and when needed.

That completes my description. The house has not been overfilled with useless clutter. It is playable and economical and should cope admirably with 8 sims.

awesomeness.zip

19. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Oh, it's awesome alright. Wow. All that for 120,000 simoleons? Amazing. If it doesn't win the contest then I'm going to have to go see what did win.

You know, it never occurred to me to program preset camera positions simply for playing a house. I only ever did that for setting up to take pictures. :eek: I think my brain is frozen in time somewhere.

BTW, totally unrelated to your house or any of your houses, I downloaded a house that, of all things, flooded the neighborhood whenever I tried to place it. I was not amused by the damage being done so I deleted the house after the third attempt. It looked fine in the bin but the thing would spring a leak once placed in the neighborhood. Even the road was under water. I'm really sorry I didn't take a picture of it. (You heard right. The camera freak took no pictures. :( ) The lucky thing about this is that I had decided to put the house in a completely new neighborhood because it really did make a mess of the surrounding area; for example, turning grass to sand. :confused: Oh, and I think (not sure) there was a stream or water along the rear of the yard. But that could just have been part of the general flooding.

Does anyone know what the creator did, or maybe what I did, to cause this?

Lesson learned: have a neighborhood set aside to use just for testing things.

20. Cabinet

Cabinet Trust Me

Lynet, I have never heard of anything like that. Do you still have the .zip file? Or maybe the name of the site and the house? You could PM me with those, and I can see if it does the same thing in my game.

BTW--thanks for all the praise of my house. I actually didn't think anyone would like it since it's a "personal" house. I have a few others I've made in my game but haven't made available on my site yet. (Mine always seem to be....I don't know...lackluster...)