House brag thread

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by surprised_by_witches, May 2, 2006.

1. Vega

Vega New Member

This is a house i have made for my elf sim:)

Please feel free to say whatever you think about it,lol

Attached Files:

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Beautiful houses, both of you.

I really love how you did the kitchen, SBW. The counter in front of the windows, looking out over the water. So nice. Very imaginative. :)

And, Vega. I espcially like how you did the awnings with the flowers around it. Very pretty.

3. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

Daaang Vega thats a nice house!
    Hope your elf lives peacefully

4. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Nice house, Vega!

5. Esteldin

Esteldin New Member

very nices houses,,,hummm I have to show my house:D:D...my house is a joke:eek::eek: is so small..

6. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Really fine work, both of you!

SBW - Love the second floor balcony with the little study area. What a great place to do homework! And I really like the layout and how you utilized the views!

And Vega, really lovely landscaping! The house looks gorgeous. How about dome interior pictures?

7. Vega

Vega New Member

I love to build houses :D:D I enjoy all of your houses they are all very nice and cool! :) Someday i will show you more pics of another houses i have made...

8. KatAnubis

Kat's Tidewater Houses

I have two new houses on the Exchange. They are both meant for Seasons.
    The larger one is "Tidewater Plantation" which has covered garden plots, a fishing pond, a pool and an orchard.

[​IMG]

You can find it here:
    http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot_detail.php?asset_id=515963

The other one is a variation on the "Plantation" but is meant for people who like smaller houses and lots (for personal or computer reasons.) It's called Tidewater Cottage. It has garden plots, a fishing pond and some fruit trees.

[​IMG]

You can find it here:
    http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot_detail.php?asset_id=516451

I had a lot of fun making these! Unfortunately, I neither Seasons nor Pets includes recolors of Maxis items when it packages a house (either for a file or up to the Exchange) so I'm having to have the furniture uploaded separately to a friend's website. I don't have all the pieces uploaded yet, but they'll be under "objects" on Sterling Skye's Creators Forum: http://www.sterlingsims2.com/phpBB2/index.php

I hope you enjoy them!

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

That's nice, Kat. I was planning to build a new house today for my new hood. I've got a nice stock of standard homes that I use as common stock, but when I want to bridge a gap I need to build from scratch. I had an unever plot so was able to exploit that and I kept muttering to myself that this house was starting to look more like Kat's than any other. (It certainly didn't help that I <ahem> "borrowed" some ideas from you for the garden.)

Anyway. Under 71,000,

Lots of excellent build mode CC (plus one hack --Pescado's phone hack -- if you don't want it, just pull it out after installing.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot_detail.php?asset_id=518120

10. KatAnubis

I like your house too, Mirelly. And I don't mind if you are "inspired" by my designs. It's not like I never had anything to inspire mine! (I use books and magazines.)

I gave yours a 5* in the hope that it won't be culled too fast!

11. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

:D * the asterisk and this expalantion are to pad out the smiley because a smiley alone is too short :rolleyes:

Hoo! 50 downloads. For me that's a record.

12. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

This is probably my first upload, and the most creative at that :eek: This requires Seasons, and probably others. It costs $129,993 and it's name is
    Deprived from Reality. It has snow on it's roof yes, because it snowed in Pleasantview at the time. It is not up for download, because I don't know how to do that. Maybe someone could help me with that? ;)
    An that mini house is my sim's robot workshop.

Attached Files:

13. coralark

coralark New Member

this is one of my favorite houses....it's a beach house with lots of color....the landscaping is a little poor b/c i haven't done it yet....but the house itself is finished!

Attached Files:

14. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Jazz. More pics so we can see inside. :) The outside looks pretty, tho. Is the lack of snow on the ground an artifact of snapping in build mode?

Coral. Your house looks good. What's the environment score like in that huge open-plan kitchen/diner/lounge? And is that a laundry room, I see to the right of the kitchen. What do your sims do in there :p ?

Love the upstairs suite of rooms with shared bathroom and sep showers. Where'd you get those duckboards? Me want, me want .... waHHHH me want. *Mirelly stamps her feet so hard she wakes up the cat who looks up in disdain as if to say: "not again ..."

15. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

I turned the option of snow on ground off, so i guess it does look kinda tacky.

16. coralark

coralark New Member

glad you liked the duckboards mirelly! lol it's actually part of the shower which i got at mango sims on page 2 of the bathrooms, second bathroom set down...you can see the sim in the background using it....haha and the enviroment score for my "multi-purpose" room is almost to the top! and in the laundry room.........*evil grin*........they do laundry! actually they can use it to change their clothes if they don't feel like walking to one of the bedrooms.....and what feels better than putting clothes on fresh out of the dryer on one of those cold winter mornings!

17. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Aw, now I need to know where thos "laundry machines" came from too ... I'm never gonna get to be at this rate! :(

Hai Carumba! Why didn't I know about http://mangosims2.free.fr/? Most of the really cool stuff I have (clothes and furniture) has come from French sites. Those guys might be pants at war but they sure do have great style. :)

18. coralark

coralark New Member

lol that's too funny........i did find some "laundry machines" i like at mango sims....it's in with the "others" section......they have a full laundry room!

19. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LMRO! I just been through there with an industrial downloader ... :eek: Such fabulous stuff. Ta for the link. :)

20. KatAnubis