Spore how difficult will it be to "create"???

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by strillor, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Cerebral Stasis

Cerebral Stasis New Member

That's possible, except, in the case of the mating, the foreleg would have actually gone THROUGH the mate in order for him to be standing over (her) the way (he) was. As for the eating scene, I wasn't referring to the tail attack, but more the part where he actually eats the creature; his mouth seems to go inside the creature itself, without leaving any visible mark (I know, it's for simplicity's sake, but the mouth wouldn't have to clip the body, although I suppose it could help one imagine that he's really "taking a chunk" out of the creature).

For the most part, however, it seems to be pretty well calculated (for example, the creature, once killed, hung onto his head until falling off, although I doubt the game has any built-in ragdoll/physics engines, aside from that which determine the way creatures move), since it didn't seem to clip the creature's head.

2. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

I wouldn't agree with that....i think that Spore will actually concentrate on making the whole movement aspect detailed and smooth, i think they will indeed invest in the movement, even with dead creatures, and planets too :spin:

Heat

3. Cerebral Stasis

I meant that it seemed all the animations/physics that were seen aren't using the conventional physics engine (like one sees in Half-Life 2, for example). It will probably all be calculated on-the-fly.

4. gg2112

gg2112 New Member

Excuse me if I am interrupting, but... Still wondering about this:

And when I said this, I meant, like, have a webbed-footed, flying monkey-frog type of thing... You know, one creature that is able to do (almost) EVERYTHING. Anyone think this'll be possible? :rolleyes:

5. leech10

leech10 New Member

You could probably just put webbed feet, wings, and clawed hands on it and it might be able to do that.

6. gg2112

gg2112 New Member

Dang, thought I was logged in again. :rolleyes: Well, so all in one step, then?

7. leech10

leech10 New Member

I don't know about all in one step, but just continue adding stuff until you have what you want.

8. it always cracks me up during the mating sequence when the main character walks over the other and takes its head with it, then it snaps back. I love ragdoll affects :love:

[​IMG]

9. why

why Guest

how come I cant post the above under my topic of choice?

10. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

If you mean a new topic, you have to press the button in the bottom left, and the "post reply" button...

Now back on topic, if you have further questions register and PM me.

Heat

11. gg2112

gg2112 New Member

OK... thanks. :cool: Everyone here is so helpful, I am really glad I joined these forums -- as opposed to other Spore forums. :smile:

P.S. Oh! Do you know how many steps that would take, then? And what might happen to your species before you finish all the changes? ... :laughing2:

12. Cerebral Stasis

From what I've heard, it sound like there will be as many steps as you want; it just lasts until you finally complete the "main goal" of that species level (of course, I could be wrong).

13. leech10

leech10 New Member

And the main goal of that level would be to evolve your creature's brain. If you don't want to go on, then don't evolve the brain.

14. Cerebral Stasis

That seems the most probable. WW really never hinted to what the goal of the cell-stage would be, but for the village stage, the idea is to get a better hut, then we don't really know the true goal for the city and civ stages, but I'm assuming it's mostly just about research (in the civ stage, anyway), and then after that, it's about discovery and colonization.

15. gg2112

gg2112 New Member

Cool, OK. :coolguy: Maybe when you find out more info on the goals you could post them here? Unless, of course, it would be considered off topic in this thread. :rolleyes: Still, thanks, that's great info.

16. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

Well, the cell stage isn't really its own stage, it's actually a part of the evolution phase. As such, your goal is to eat smaller creatures, gain strength, and grow so you can eat larger creatures to further your evolution.

17. Cerebral Stasis

In the video, WW mentioned how the view will gradually "zoom out", but after his first evolutionary stage (as a single cell), I didn't notice any real change (by the way, wouldn't it make more sense if his cell would split instead of laying an egg, or is it not a cell but just a very small organism?), so will the change to 3D be a sudden jump, or a gradual thing?

18. leech10

leech10 New Member

I think it was a very small creature because it had an odd shape for a cell, and I think it will just jump to the 3D view once your creature grows enough.

19. gg2112

gg2112 New Member

Actually I was thinking it would be a little more gradual-jumpy. :laughing2: Well, hmm, I wonder if these creatures will have birthdays? :party: Even if not, I think it'd be cute to have a little birthday tune play when your first creature evolves, and have the camera quickly zoom out a little to only see your creature on the screen. :smile:

(And after automatically zooming out to 3D mode, I'm very sure you can manually zoom in & out from there. But can you manually zoom in and out from the Pacman stage? :rolleyes: ...If so, then the camera would most likely quickly zoom in to focus on your evolving creature, like a sudden jump than more of a gradual zoom.)

20. Flank57

Flank57 New Member

Sorry about going off topic here but, has anyone ever noticed that in the video it shows little bugs flying around, ones that are of earth, like dragonflies for instance (you can tell because one flies right through the screen.) Do you think those are standard or customiseable?