How Do I How do I afford a lot with the money cheat?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by xyresic, Nov 10, 2007.

1. xyresic

xyresic New Member

How do I afford a lot with the money cheat?

I downloaded some new lots, but when I try to move a new family in, it tells me I can't afford the lot. I tried to go into the lot and do "motherlode" and I got it high enough to be able to afford it and saved it.. but when I went back into the neighborhood and tried to move the family in, it still said I didn't have enough money. What do I do?

2. moonlight

moonlight New Member

You could move your family into an empty lot, use the motherlode cheat until you have enough money to buy that lot, then move them out of the empty lot, and have them move into the lot you want.

3. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Or, use this cheat in the neighbourhood screen: familyfunds <family name> <number of simolians>

I use it all the time.

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

The familyfunds cheat was added to the game with Open For Business (or it might've been Nightlife ... :p ) ... whatever ... it's not part of the base game.

5. muffin-tacos

Oh bugger. :eek: I use it so much in my simming, I just assumed it came with the base game.

P.S It comes with NL I just remembered. :D

6. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

In walks the cheater-queen of Simdom for all your financial needs.

Base Game or Base Game and Uni: If you still have this family in the family bin, move them onto a empty lot. Then use one or any combo of these two cheats:
    kaching= 1,000 simoleons
    motherlode=50,000 simoleons

Once you have enough to purchase the lot and deocorate it to your hearts desire, you can exit the lot, move the family back into the lot bin from the neighborhood screen, and then purchase their dream home for them.

If you have nightlife or higher installed:
    Leave the family in the family bin and use Muffin-taco's "familyfunds" cheat. Put in the exact amount you wish the family to have. Remember, family funds does not add money, it resets the amount of money they have on hand. For example, let's say their dreamhouse is 90,000 and they already have 20,000. If you enter "FamilyFunds Yourfamily 70,000" the family will then ONLY have 70,000 simoleons. You need to always make sure they have plenty of money on hand to purchase the lot, decorate it, and have some left over for other necesities. (Don't make the mistakes I have, use FamilyFunds to give myself just enough to purchase a lot, then didn't have enough left over to pay the maid or feed the dog!"

The Cheater-Queen smiles and leaves, wishing as always that someone would enter the FamilyFunds cheat for herself in real life, there's a 3-millon dollar lakehouse she'd love to buy. . .

7. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Say - one question on that familiyfunds cheat...What if yiu have more than one family with the same last name? :confused:

8. MegRen

MegRen New Member

I think if you have the family selected it will use that one to add the money to. Another way to use the familyfunds cheat is like this:

Let's say the Smith family needs 20,000 more to purchase their new home. You would select the Smith family in the SimBin, open the cheat window, and type: familyfunds smith +20000

9. muffin-tacos

I never select a family when I use that cheat. I use it like you explained above. I'd say that the family has to be in the family bin to be able to use the familyfunds cheat. I'm not 100% sure if that's true though...

10. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Exactly right. It only works for the families in the Family Bin. It does not work for the families who already own a lot. If you have more than one family with the same name, then move one onto an empty lot to get them out of the bin. You can always use kaching and motherlode on them, anyway.

11. jojo_c2007

jojo_c2007 New Member

not sure which one we talkin bout but it works for all of them I use it for life stories and sims 2 :D