How Do I How do I change Lifetime Wants?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lorelei92950, Apr 27, 2010.

1. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

How do I change Lifetime Wants?

I need to change Lifetimes wants (NOT aspirations) because I hate it when the only way I can get permanent platinum is to rise to the top of their field in gaming or crime! Keep in mind I am not talking about aspirations--(popularity, romance, knowledge) I'm referring to the want that shows what you need to get permanent platinum. I read of a cheat in boolProp where you click on spawn and then on Sim Modder. Supposedly you then get a baby statue/standing infant to click on. But when I click on Sim Modder NOTHING happens. I get no baby statue, in fact it seems to do nothing at all. I'm using Sims 2 the Seasons expansion pack. I've also been told to change the aspiration (I can do that already) and it will change their Lifetime want, but I have not found this to be true at all. Can anyone help? I have totally wonderful, knowledgeable characters I've created and I'm not interested in them becoming a master criminal, adventurer or gamer. :confusion:

2. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Apparently, the sim modder of the baby will only work if you have Nightlife installed. Thus, you could drink the ReNuYu Senso Orb, download the imsimenator, or find a mod that might possibly change the lifetime wants. Like this one for example: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=233213
    Note: I have no guarantee that this will work since I have not personally used it myself. But the comments from other people on the site seems very good.

Good luck. :D

3. Rhianne

Rhianne New Member

even if the sims don't acheive their lifetime wants you can still keep them happy by using boolprop then, either ctrl+click on their wants or shift+click on the person and choose set aspiration - max

4. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Thanks for the answers, Rhianne and Nix :) I just gave up and worked on her skills until she went platinum. Guess I shouldn't be so lazy. I have ctrl clicked on wants and got a temporary platinum before but it doesn't last long. I wanted to get them permanently platinum because I hate her lifetime want and once you are platinum it changes. I just wanted a shortcut, but don't have Nightlife. I appreciate your replies, though! (I didn't do the download, Nix, because I just was afraid it could screw up my computer).