Troubleshooting How do i change my AA to x8?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Chillice, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

That GeForce4 is the barest minimum for the game. All you can do is follow the advice Kat gave and stick to very small houses.

You could improve performance by:

(1) upgrading your RAM to 1GB (from 512MB)
    (2) upgrading your display adapter from the GeForce4 to something like one of these remember that the memory on the display (graphics) card is all-important for smooth simming ... Maxis stresses the more the better.

Both of these jobs are DIY but in your case I make an exception, Chilli ... ;) if you go for an upgrade, turn off your machine and take it to a friendly computer store for upgrading :rolleyes:

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Yep, sticking to small houses on small lots is important too.

At this point, you may want to start saving for a new computer. Computers which start out with Geforce 4 MX440s often do not have a good enough motherboards and power supplies to upgrade to something that will really play the game well. You can upgrade your RAM but chances are you won't be able to use the best RAM available for 512mb or more. Not all RAM is created equal. You can have 512mb of RAM which only has a FSB of 133mhz, which is really slow compared to the 800mhz (or more) 512mb RAM which even low to midgrade new computers have.

And many MX440s were based on the old fashioned PCI slot technology, which you can no longer get decent cards for. The MX440, for instance, may be better than an FX5200 even though it was a later card. (Now there's AGP which was an upgrade from PCI, and the even newer "PCI Express" which is an upgrade from AGP.)

If you're having problems, you shouldn't try to add any new EPs. The EPs add considerably to the needs of the computer. Same with having a lot of downloads. Keep your downloads to a minimum as well.

3. Chillice

Chillice New Member

i have 60 downloads!!!:( :( :confused: :cry:

4. Chillice

Chillice New Member

I don't know what to do now. I miss playing my sims 2.

Hello:) i am back and with another problem!:eek: I recently did what you said and updated my graphics card and added on 1gb of RAM so now i have 1.5 GB of RAm. Now i have Geforce 7300 GT. My game is faster and doesnt freeze anymore but now when i play it, holes appear in characters and random lines come out of all object. So i went to check the Nvidia 3D display, the same thing had happened to it. I've tried restarting my computer and everything but nothing works. :( help please.