How Do I How do I clear all cheats? NL

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by soul_scion, Aug 23, 2008.

1. soul_scion

soul_scion New Member

How do I clear all cheats? NL

Erm I can't remember what I did exactly but everytime I click the mail box I get all these uber loads of options and for some dumb reason this seems to have stopped the 'Call a Sim' option when I click the telephone. At least that's when it seemed to start. How do I clear all cheats running on the game?

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

open the cheat box and type in boolprop testingcheatsenabled false ( or true ) one of the two should turn off the cheats you get by clicking the mailbox or the newspaper.
    Although I think you have to hold down the shift or ctrl key before you click on either one.
    You should check and make sure you haven't installed one of the hacked mailboxes instead.
    If you're playing on pc go to Microsoft's website and download NetFramework 1.1 or 2.0 and install it on your pc .
    Then go to Mod The Sims 2 and download and install the Sims2 Clean Pack Installer and run it and search for hacks or hacked objects.

3. soul_scion

soul_scion New Member

thanks swmeek!

i tried the testingcheatsenabled false thing but i think I have to hold ctrl/shift like u suggest.

otherwise i'll get the other stuff...merci ^^

4. soul_scion

soul_scion New Member

yeh i did the whole 'testingcheats enabled false/true' bladi on several lots all to no avail.

i d/l the pack clean installer but i'm not really sure i'm using it properly. it all seems a bit of a hassle.

*shrug*

If I uninstalled and installed again would that work? I don't particularly want to do that though...

5. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

If you run the clean pack installer look up in the top right hand corner for a drop down box. click it and pick downloads and it scan your downloads folder for hacks and duplicate package files.
    Hacks and hacked/modded objects turn up red and duplicates turn up pink.

Attached Files:

6. soul_scion

soul_scion New Member

thanks again!! i did the cleanpack stuff and it worked this time - first time I did it, it didn't seem to be able to read any of the files (prob becos i had the disk in the drive and I think that confused it...?) watever.

anyway it worked! thank you *hug*