How Do I How do I fulfill Overachiever aspiration?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Elly, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Elly

Elly New Member

How do I fulfill Overachiever aspiration?

Just wondering if anyone knows what to do to fulfill an adult sims aspiration for their teenage sim to become an overachiever? I'm sure it must be very simple, but I have no clue what it might be. :confused:

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

There's a thread about that somewhere but since this site needs a better search engine I'll try to remember what was said ... I think the teen needs to get straight A's while maintaining a job and making it to the top of that job while still a teen. For a teen, that means level 3 I think, not the actual top of the career ladder.

I think that's about it. Not easy to do. So far every teen I've had who had a job ended up getting fired or passing out all the time from exhaustion.

3. valverde

valverde New Member

They must have the best grades at school and get to the top of a teen career to be overachievers. I used to find it hard, because of the fun meter being so low after school, but i've found out that if they look at one of those expensive pictures, after school and before their lift arrives (in most careers at 2pm), the fun metter increases; if they look at the same picture (or sculpture) three times, it increases completely. So they go to work: they don't do anything between coming from school and going to work but looking at those pieces of art. After work, they fulfill all their other basic needs and they have left a couple of hours before losing all energy - they can do their homework and restore the fun meter, before going to bed.

If you increase their skills while they are children it won't be a problem (skills for career). It seems to me (not sure it just seems...) that with the university expansion it is easier because with high skills they start careers at a higher level (or that or scientist teen career is now smaller, because some of the teens in my game, all with best grades, went to their job one afternoon for the first time and after work they were already overachievers (with one single promotion).

(By the way, is there any object, while they're children, to improve charisma skill? I can't find one... so I make them improve it as much as possible when they're toddlers)

4. lady cashel

lady cashel New Member

Charisma for children

Hi,
    I only know one way for charisma for children. My mother sim is a senator (politics career path) One of her career rewards is a lectern for practising speeches. The child can use this, or be taught by another member in the household. I hope this helps!
    lady cashel:D

5. lady cashel

lady cashel New Member

Opps.. sorry... the lectern thingy is actually called an "Enterprise office concepts bushmaster teleprompter"! or something very similar.

6. kuponutty

kuponutty Confused little moogle

What about adults?

How does an adult become an overachiever?

7. valverde

valverde New Member

It's ok, I know what object you're talking about, whatever it is called. I even had it once, but I couldn't remember (don't have a sim in that career for a long time). So it looks like I'll need to have at least one politician per family to get children to learn charisma :D and then save the pulpit/lectern/EOCBT in the attic from generation to generation :cool:

8. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

I seem to recall having children practice speech in front of a mirror and I'm pretty sure they can play golf on the businesswoman's putting green. I have to go try it now because I'm not sure. Can they use the succubus thingy?

On a similar thread, can any relative (adult) teach children to walk and talk? Or must it be a parent? This seems inconsistent. I've got an uncle who's often in the gold and could wear the thinking cap, but the action to 'teach to talk/walk' doesn't come up for him.