How Do I How do I get my pets fall in love and is this possible ?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Giesha, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Giesha

Giesha New Member

How do I get my pets fall in love and is this possible ?

So, the first question is :
    Is it possible to make a dog/cat fall in love with another dog/ cat and create a fimily? ( I mean, have little puppies and everything... )
    And - if it is, how can I do that?
    Thanks for your answers already ;)

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

The pets have to like each other before you can start making puppies/kitties. You'll need to encourage that by praising friendliness and playfullness and scolding the opposites. When the prospective parents like each other enough (and they're in a good mood -- all green) the option to try for a puppy/kitten will stand more chance of succeeding. Finally no baby pets can be made without somewhere nice and private for the pets to do whatever it is that animals have to do to make baby animals. :rolleyes: A kennel is a good choice ;)

PS
    How cute that idea is! :)

3. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

I find it really hard to get pets to fall in love without using any cheats. Sure, getting pups/kittens is pretty easy to get once the option comes up but making your pets like each other is easier said than done...

I use the boolprop ControllPets on/off cheat to spead things up. It's a great cheat for other things as well. *hint hint* Controlling your pets.

Thank goodness for cheats, I always say! :D

4. Giesha

Giesha New Member

Tanks very much :)
    And the other question is :
    So, let's say they ( dogs/ cats ) like each other wnough to have puppies/ kittens... am I supposed to make them do the ,,thing" ( :D ) , or will they do that themselves ? And do dogs have to be the same height, for this thing ?
    P.S. I know that some questions sound kind of stupid, bet thay just keep bothering me :D

5. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

First you need a pet house on a lot, then you click on one of the pets that you want to have puppies/kittens and the option "Try to have kitten/puppy with..." should come up. And no, I don't think dogs need to be the same size to have puppies.

6. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

No, they don't. I have had several puppies between a small dog and a big one. The puppies come out randomly: some big, some small.

You need a dog house and the dogs or cats need to be in a good mood. But you don't need cheats. It's really easy to get them to do it. Witch Baby does it all the time.

You can sell puppies for a nice wad of cash, or just give them up for adoption if you want to spread them throughout your neighborhood. Unlike when they adopt a kid, the sim can pick which one of your puppies or kittens they want.

7. Giesha

Giesha New Member

Thanks for your answers : ) They helped me a lot : D

8. krazzy kezzy

krazzy kezzy foodlover

i always get the pets to get the playfullness bar to the top and the owner will have an option to command the pet to play with the other this helps the relationship along alot.