How do I make my own website???

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by chatterbox, Oct 15, 2002.

1. chatterbox

chatterbox Guest

How do I make my own website???

:confused: :confused: Umm I want to make my own website any reccomendations or hints on how to get started??? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. chatterbox

chatterbox Guest

anybody........anything!!!!!!!!

3. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Well one thing to do is go to a place that hosts a little website for free, like geocities, or tripod, or angelfire, places like that. I know geocities has a What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) webpage editor that helps a lot if you don't know html. I learned html and it's not too hard if you remember some basic things, I make my pages by writing the html in Notepad and saving it as an .html file extension.

4. chatterbox

chatterbox Guest

thanks Fae your the best!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) *gives Fae a carrot*

5. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Good tip! :classic: Thanks!:D

6. chatterbox

chatterbox Guest

im glad i started coming to this forum site theres really nice ppl like nina (gives nina a wink), Fae, lew, josh, emido or something like that, and v chat..theres probally more nice ppl but thats all i know of!!!!!!

7. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Thanks Chatter!:) Yes there are so many people here that are just nice.. most of then can be found in simschat too ;)

8. chatterbox

chatterbox Guest

simschat??? :confused:

9. Gary King

Gary King New Member

I'm guessing the one at the TheSims.com site :)

10. lworley

lworley New Member

aye www.thesims.com i'm in there too, always willing to help.

Anyway about websites, like someone stated best to learn how websites are constructed first so grab a host like geocities and use a WYSIWYG editor (Wjhat you see is what you get).

Once you mastere dteh basics try this site, i learnt from here about 2 years ago and it's brilliant. http://www.htmlgoodies.com brilliant tutorials.

Hope this helps,

P.s if you get stuck private message me, always happy to help and don't worry html is easy to grasp once you get the basics.

11. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Trial and Error are my favorite tools :)

12. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

heh yeah, that's how I taught myself Josh... I STILL get frustrated when my tables don't work like I meant them too... I remembered another good place for html resource is Lissa Explains it All... I think I have it bookmarked somewhere but I couldn't find it... I wished I had found it MUCH earlier when I was learning all that stuff the HARD way with no help!!! Try doing a search for it. :D

13. ManagerJosh

That's why I use Adobe GoLive when something goes wrong.

I isolate the problem
    alter the HTML
    and transfer over the changes..

14. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Adobe GoLive?? I never heard of it!! Is it from the same Adobe company as in Adobe Photoshop? Sounds like a neat little program to have!!

15. Gary King

Gary King New Member

FaeLuna: Yep it's from the same developpers as Adobe Photoshop :)

16. ManagerJosh

Yeah it is......great program....too bad it is very expensive. I had to pull a few strings before I could get a copy

17. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

ouch... hmmm it was hard enough on me getting Photoshop... guess I'll just keep checking my html myself... sigh.

18. chatterbox

chatterbox Guest

thanks guys!!! *gives everyone who has posted here a carrot* wow im running out of carrots i better tell my mom to buy some more!!!! *yells to her mom* will u please get some more carrots!!!!!!!

19. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

:LOL: Chatter! :LOL: thanks for the carrot. :LOL:

20. chatterbox

chatterbox Guest

ur welcome!!!!! *chatters mom comes back with carrots* *grabs a carrot and chops on it happily* carrots......carrots...4 everyone!!!!!!