How Do I How do I "take over" a premade family in their home?

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by lorelei92950, Sep 6, 2011.

1. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

I always play TS2 and I'm finding TS3 really difficult to learn. With TS2 from the neighborhood view I can just jump in to play a pre-made family if I want to do so. I usually spruced them up and if I wanted their house I sent them to look for their "own place" where they end up in the Sims bin until or if I want them again. Meanwhile I can move other Sims in. Generally I do NOT play with pre-mades. With TS3 I'm having a tough time getting my two Sims I created to get together. Frankly it was easier trying to get a date in high school in real life than with these two. So I thought I'd take a break and play some pre-mades and maybe I'd learn my way around easier without jeopardizing my Sims. The only options I find are to combine a family (I don't want my Sim in with them), or evict them outright. I don't want to do that necessarily I want to get in the house and check it out and play that family for a bit. Is there any way I can do this? I mean it indicates "difficulty", but I'm not sure what that refers to.

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Difficulty is directly related to how many Sims are involved. In the Edit Town mode, you can choose a family in Sunset Valley. I don't know if Riverside (downloadable) has any preset families but Sunset Valley does. If you've already played your own family in that neighborhood, then you'll need to change families. It should give you an option to do that when you click on the family.

3. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Yeah, I think it will be on the lower left hand side when you enter Edit town mode like Kat said.

[​IMG]

4. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Yes, a friend helped me find it. But it did say that when I changed households I'd be penalized by my other Sim losing wishes and aspirations. But I took the chance anyway. The first household I chose is pretty weird, but oh, well.

5. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Pictures sure are helpful!

6. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Definitely! :)

7. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Hehe, they always help me...:D