How Do I How do I upload a lot?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Jakethedane, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

How do I upload a lot?

I have been a member since for ever, but I only recently built some pretty cool houses. Now i want to share them with you, and I know almost how to upload them. Only problem is: When I go into the folder where my lots are, there are like dozens! The neighborhood I want to upload from is called Richmond, but no Richmond is located. And under lots-folder, they are all called something like N001_lot64, or N001_lot52. How do I know what houses to upload?

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

G001 is Riverblossom Hills, N001 is Pleasantview, N002 is Strangetown, N003 is Veronaville. N004 and so forth are the 'hoods you created. Look on the menu when you start up the game and count which order your neigbhorhood appears in. That's the number.

If you're still not sure go to the EA games folder on My documents, look under whatever neighborhood you think it is and open the storytelling folder. It should contain pictures--if you took any--of your sims from that neigbhorhood.

3. MegRen

MegRen New Member

I think his question is how does he know which number lot to upload from the neighborhood. Unfortunately, I don't know. I think there's a way to upload lots from the neighborhood screen. That goes right to the exchange though.

4. Jakethedane

Yes Megren, that was my question:)
    When I check the lot catalogue for my city, I get 269 lots. I dont have that many lots, but I will try to figure it out somehow. Ill try to use that direct exchange. Thanks

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Click the lot you want to export in the neighborhood screen.

Then in the pop up description panel where you have the choice to play, cancel or package lot.

Click the Package lot button and choose one of the options:

(a)Package Lot To the Exchange
    (b)Package Lot To A File

The first option put your house on the Maxis Exchange, where it will last 5 minutes before being deleted. :( Well ... it'll seem like 5 minutes considering that it seems to take about 5 years to complete even a small upload. :rolleyes:

The second option makes the house into a Sims2Pack file and stores in

My Docs\EA Games\The Sims 2\Packaged Lots

You can then upload that to your favourite file-sharing site (for example: http://www.4shared.com/ ) Alternatively you can upload Sims2Pack files as file attachments to post here ... make sure to include some good quality screenshots of your creation as people are apt to avoid buying pigs in a poke. Also make sure to say what EPs are needed.

It's also a good idea to avoid using custom content (especially hacks, but also, especially, custom building items). A useful tool for house-sharers to obtain, is the Sims2Pack Clean Installer, which you can also use to open your own packaged lots to verify that there is nothing there you are not expecting (such as a rogue hack.) You can then declare your upload to be guaranteed "Hack Free" and know that you won't be getting any irate emails from people claiming their game has been nuked by your creation.

I shall look forward to seeing your creations .... :D

6. MegRen

MegRen New Member

Mirelly to the rescue!! I knew there was some way to upload from the neighborhood screen, but I never upload anything, so I wasn't sure how to do it. I'm glad someone had the answer!

7. Jakethedane

Mirelly is the best!
    Thanks a lot. Ill try to do just that. Patience, people. Patience

8. Jakethedane

Ok, I have now succesfully uploaded three houses of my own creation. If you think the first one looks familiar, then I must admit I have been influenced by several other designers. I have not stolen anthing from them, but hey. I got inspired.

Hope you like them!

http://forums.worldsims.org/showthread.php?t=14240