How Do I How do you adopt a stray?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Cassiepeia, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

How do you adopt a stray?

I did a few searches for this and couldn't find anything. If there actually is a thread about it you can point me in the direction.

How do you adopt a stray?
    I've found my Sims haven't been able to adopt any strays no matter how long they play with them and give them love (I also give them access to food, bedding and toys when I'm trying to get them adopted). Often the same strays don't even return to the lot after one visit. Is it impossible for strays to be adopted by Sims or am I missing something vital that could make it happen?

Thanks for any help. :)

Cass.

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Nope. You're doing everything right. It's a matter of just getting the relationship scores up. Some strays do seem to call around only once in a blue moon, others you can't seem to get rid of ... until, that is, you start trying to befriend one with a view to adopting. On the whole it is easier to call on the phone to adopt a pet.

(I have, in the past, resorted to boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true (in the neighborhood screen) and then in the game you shift click the stray you want to adopt and make it selectable and then just drag its relationship bars up to max and do the same with the resident sim. You then need to make the stary unselctable again and now you should be able adopt it. But don't blame me if your game crashes, or if your computer melts down into a smoking icky mess of grey plastic goop. :rolleyes:

3. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

Thanks Mirelly. :) I'll just keep on trying then. I've been adopting animals or buying them from pet shops so far (when I don't make them in 'create a family'), but not being able to adopt a stray has been annoying me. I'm determined to do it at least once. :p I bet you anything, that when I'm able to adopt one the animal will turn out to be the biggest pain in the butt in the game too. :rolleyes: Oh well...it'll be an achievement anyway. Hehehehe!

:eeek: :rotfl: I think I'll stay clear of the whole boolprop thing. I know I'll just get myself in to trouble. :eek:

Cass.