How Do I How do you link families in neighborhood mode

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Stilldawn, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Stilldawn

Stilldawn New Member

How do you link families in neighborhood mode

Hey im creatin my custom community and Ive got two brothers living separatly, how can I make them related but not in same family?

Also when in live mode, random sims that I havent created come to the door, but I know that they dont live in the town I created, can you stop this. (they are not the paper boy, or maid or anything just randoms)

Thanks

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

First off family relationships can only be "made" using the Create A Sim when you're making a family ... the CAS will prompt you to define the relationships if you create more than one sim. If you have made 2 sims at different times and want them now to become brothers ... it can't be done without using an editor eg SimPE (http://sims.ambertation.de/)

The non-playable characters NPC's can be terminated but they will respawn (regenerate) unless you add a simple hack to your downloads folder (Pescado's No Townie Regen ) -- note that hack may not be suitable if you do not have Nightlife but it won't hurt to try it. You'll need to kill off all the NPC's first tho. For that you can use SimPE, or the boolprop testingcheatsenabled true cheat or just manually murder them as and when they show up ... which could take a while to do :eek:

3. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

I always like the townies coming by, especially before I got NL, because it was an easy way to meet people. You don't really have to deal with them much except over the phone once you make friends with them and they are helpful when you are trying to climb the ladder of success.

Ruth