How do you use Body Shop?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by soccertimejr, Jan 24, 2006.

1. soccertimejr

soccertimejr New Member

How do you use Body Shop?

How do you use teh body shop? Everytime I am only able to just put clothing together teh same as creating a family. Arent you able to change the color of clothing? Also what is private message?

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I believe there are lots of threads on using Body Shop, tricks and tips, etc., but basically you need to start a new project, choose the type of thing you'd like to modify, select the specific item, name the project a unique name and click the "export" arrow at the bottom of the window.

Then, open your graphics program. I use Photoshop but for those not lucky enough to have that I've heard the Paint program that comes with Word works OK too.

Open the folder with the same name as your project. It's in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Projects. Click on the file you want to modify. There's a black and white one (the mesh) and a color one (the colors). Can't remember which is which, namewise. You'll figure it out.

Modifying meshes is tricky. You need a separate program for all but the most basic of changes. I don't recommend it, at first.

Recolor the outfit as you want, make sure you flatten layers and save, then go back to body shop and click Refresh, or whatever that little arrow is called. It should change what your sim is wearing.

If you like it, click load to game (not sure if I'm getting the names right, I'm not at my home computer). If you don't, go back to the graphics program and repeat. You can choose categories for outfits first.

Then, have your sim go shopping.

This is very basic. Search the threads for more information.

3. sim2addict

sim2addict New Member

You need to be more specific on what you mean by, "How do you use Bodyshop?" You can use it for LOTS of things like meshing, skinning, clothing, building sims, etc.