How Do I How to delete saved games?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by bluepariah, Dec 18, 2005.

1. bluepariah

bluepariah New Member

How to delete saved games?

Hey, i am wondering where do i go to delete saved games? I have a family slot which i played but would like to restart from the beginning now and am wondering if there is a folder or in game option i can go to?

Thank you

2. bluepariah

bluepariah New Member

bumping up topic,

please help, i dont feel like reinstalling the whole game whenever this happens :(

3. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

be patient for answers not everyone is online all the time. be patient when your question is slow to upload and avoid double posts... an easy way to erase storylines is to add an expansion pack.... Sorry, not trying to be funny, but I need to research this question more and will get back to you.

4. Dispel Illusions

Dispel Illusions New Member

If you want to reset your game back to the way it was when you first installed it with out having to reinstalling it is simple.

1. Open your My Documents, EA Games, The Sims 2
    2. Transfer out your Downloads folder to your desktop, or any other safe location other then the The Sims 2 folder where it is located.
    3. Delete the entire The Sims 2 folder, located in My Documents, EA Games.
    4. Restart your game. The game will simple create a new The Sims 2 folder resetting all neighborhoods back to their default settings.
    5. Exit the game and transfer the Downloads folder back to where it was originally.

With this complete your game will be reset back to default settings and all of your custom content will be safe.

Have fun gaming.

5. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

this was the response from EA games

Response (Jayson G.)12/19/2005 11:44 PM Hello,

Thanks for contacting EA Technical Support!

Open your My Documents folder.
    Open the EA GAMES folder.
    Right-click on The Sims 2 folder and choose Delete.
    Run the Game.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (http://ea.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?)

Thanks!
    Jsn
    EA Technical Support

So you can see Dispel gave even a better response because he remembered to move the downloads folder.... way to go dispel illusions!!

6. bluepariah

bluepariah New Member

thanks for the help guys, it worked :)