How Do I How to get in game born pets a collar

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Leticron, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Leticron

Leticron New Member

How to get in game born pets a collar

Geesh...I tried everything but as soon as I buy collars there nowhere to be found. (inventory is empty)
    I don't recall seeing any pop up when I was asked for the names of the pubs...

It never even occurred to me that my "in game" born pets don't have a collar until one ran away (I don't blame him...b/c his mother and sister were constantly harassing him until they became enemies...I would have run away too :D)
    Is there supposed to be any pie-menu entry (like give collar to...)?
    If so then this is probably related to the many hacks I have :D :D

To figure that out I would apprecheate, if s/o would tell me the "proper" way
    so run away pets could be identified and brought back before my pet breeders run into serious trouble

thanks

-le

2. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

You have to go to a store that has a collar stand; the premade pet stores have these on their counters.

3. Leticron

Leticron New Member

thanks for your answer...I should have expressed that more clearly...I went to a shop, and purchased some.
    They gladly took my money but that was it. How do you go on from there?
    You buy them...then what? how do you get the collar on the pets?

-le

4. jupitershana

Oh! Hehe, thats a COMPLETELY different answer. ;)

Click on the mirror, change appearance of... Yes, it's silly that you need the mirror to change a cat or dog's appearance, but that's how it works! :rolleyes:

5. Leticron

Leticron New Member

Thanks jupitershana...I'm gonna try that one...
    At least I now know the proper way :D
    If that fails I know it's related to some hack or another I'm using...and I can go from there.
    I knew the game recognized me buying them since the ones I already purchased are flagged as bought.

So if that fails, I'm gonna analyze the dog (made in Body Shop) with collar in SimPE and have to manually edit all the others..phew...I sure as hell try to circumvent that *LOL*
    Thanks again for your answer

-le

6. Sim2 Rox da World

Sim2 Rox da World New Member

just make sure you have a floor length mirror in game

7. jupitershana

I don't believe you need a floor length mirror. The Prima Guide just says mirror and hardly any of my houses have floor length mirrors, just the mirror above a sink in a bathroom and I'm pretty sure my sims have been able to put collars on their pets with those.

8. Leticron

Leticron New Member

That's correct...I finally managed to supply my dogs with collars (thanks to jupitershana!) through a standard wall mirror.
    My biggest mistake was, that all my mirrors were hacked objects (christianlov's sim copy mirror, merola's mirror etc.) from pre-pets times.
    That's why I never got the option to change pet-appearance in the pie menu to begin with.
    I kind a knew that all the hacks and mods I'm using, come back one day to bite me in the *** :D :D

-le