How to get twin babies

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by sexierjess14, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PlayLives

PlayLives Member

I've learned to just let them be instead of running after them all the time (like in real life)...if they cry, let them cry it won't kill them, besides, they can get out of the crib by themselves...if they try to play in the toilet...bathroomusesyou will kick them out. I get them potty trained and walking real fast and as long as they are not hungry or tired, I don't worry about the toddlers too much (even if they pass out on the floor they don't get a bad memory of it, it's kind of funny actually). After they get tired of trying to follow everyone around, they eventually get back to playing with their toys. LOL.

2. zeedudette

zeedudette New Member

i know its mainly luck getting twins etc. but if you eat alot of spaghetti there is more chance, i tried it and it worked twice out of about 8, so its good

3. sexierjess14

sexierjess14 Depressed Soul

Wow spagetti? I heard about the cheesecake but not the spagetti, maybe I should try my luck with it when I learn to handle more sims at once :D :D

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

From what I've read, spaghetti doesn't change your chances for twins one way or the other. It was just a coincidence.

Cheesecake, on the other hand, supposedly does increase your chances.

But you need to be a good cook to make it.

5. sexierjess14

Oh, well I think I read somewhere around the forums (mts2 forums) and they said if the mommy does meditation when she's pregnant, she gets more than 1 child too, like twins, triplets etc. Does anyone know if this is like the cheesecake issue or just a coincedence? (sorry I don't know how to spell that :p )

6. surprised_by_witches

I am fairly certain that before OFB there was no way to enhance your ability to get twins. Meditation, spaghetti, and any cheats have been proven to be "old sim's tales." I do know, at least in my experience, that once a household has twins it's more likely they'll have a second pair of twins. I may test this on the Miguel family if I'm feeling mean. :D

With OFB there is cheesecake, which supposedly boosts your chances. I have not tried the cheesecake thing yet, has anyone else?

I don't have an official pipeline or anything, this is just what I've read.

Edited to say: I think there is a hack out there that allows you to have twins when you want to, also triplets and quads. I'm just talking about the game, unenhanced.

7. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

I did the cheesecake, worked like a charm. The cheesecake is something that Maxis developed, so it is for real. The rest, like SBW said, is all "old sims tales". And, unless you have a hack, the max amount of babies born in game are twins.

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I am absolutely ceratin. There was no cheat and no special protocol (dietary or otherwise: eg woohoo in certain way) prior to OFB. If you have OFB then eating cheesecake does increase the chance of having twins. I haven't tried it myself. Twins are seriously overrated. A friend has just had real live twins: a boy 5lb 11oz (2.590Kg) & a girl 5lb 12oz (2.61Kg) ... now that's not something I care to think about except maybe under the influence of valium :eek:

9. surprised_by_witches

Cheesecake does indeed work and I have the twins to prove it. :D

Sim twins, that is, not RL. If it was RL I would not be smiling quite so much.

10. ineedhelpPlay

ineedhelpPlay New Member

hm...i thought i read about it somewhere...the cheat i mean..

it's something like TwinsR2Cute or TwinzR2cute

imnot too sure.

anyway...if ur a new player...it'll be super hard to take care of them...i hv a toddler and a single parent and boy...is it ever so demanding!

11. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Had a good friend who had triplets in Real Life - Her response upon finding out that she was indeed having three babies was:

At least with twins, you have an arm for each kid...What am I gonna do with THREE???

12. ineedhelpPlay

ineedhelpPlay New Member

cool...the toddlers can pass out?...i've only got them to sleep on the floor since they were so tired..and all i got was the parent looking at them with a worrying look on her face.

13. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

There is NO cheat code that will produce twins. Stat. Finito. End of story.

Twins cannot be forced to appear by entering a cheat code.

Cheat codes for the production of twins in The Sims 2 with or without an combination of expansion packs will not work because they are mere rumours that were put around in the early days before we knew better.

WE NOW KNOW BETTER

The only way to get twins is by:
    1. Patiently waiting for them turn up randomly
    2. Feeding cheesecake to the mother in a game with OFB installed and in a family with room for 2 more, or
    3. Using a hack.
      • Hacks are not cheats
      • Hacks are chunks of code that change the way the game works
      • Good hacks don't cause your game to explode
      • Bad hacks might
    An unmodified game will never produce more than twins.

More than twins is impossible.

GOT IT?:coolnessl:

14. ineedhelpPlay

ineedhelpPlay New Member

yeah..i tried searching for it..turns out the website is suspended...

15. surprised_by_witches

LOL, Sacharissa, that's what the dog is for. Make him a little carrier. :D

Kidding.

16. surprised_by_witches

FYI, that's called passing out.

17. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

Yikes... at the risk of inviting Mirelly's wrath... ;) a slight correction...

There is no cheat code pre-OFB that will produce twins. OFB, in addition to the cheesecake, added a "forcetwins" cheat.

*ducks*

18. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Lol, if you hadn't said it, I would have myself...hello kit is right, that is a cheat that was included in the Prima guide, but it only works if you have Open for Business!

*runs and ducks behind Hellokit* whaaaat....you started it!

19. sexierjess14

I tried the cheesecake with the sim mommie in another family, and it worked!! :D I mean Im not exactly happy it worked nor am I to upset about it but I thought I'd just try since it's stated cheesecake does raise the chances, but when I tried to control them (note the family only consist of sim dad, mom and now the twins) ... lets say it went the wrong way ;)

However, one thing that did make it an easier experience compared to my 1st time, was the pause button, I think I clicked it every 2 RL minutes :p :p so I continue playing the family, and while I wasn't paying attention to the sim dad, he burned the kitchen down including himself :eek: so its left with sim mom with bad bad depression and 2 babies that she can't seem to control (err I mean that I can't seem to control :p ) so I left the game without saving. :D

I guess that's enough twins experience for me, no more forever lol ;)

20. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Crikey, Jess! How restrained of you :p I think I use the pause button every 2 sim minutes! :eek: :rolleyes: :p :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.