How to get twin babies

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by sexierjess14, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Ah - If only we had a pause button in REAL Life! (Although even though we don't, I still find myself reaching for it every so often!!)

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Yeah, me too, even when it's not necessary.

I'm a pause-button-aholic, I think.

Edited to say: That was a reply to Mirelly, not Sacha. We posted at the same time.

And LOL, Sacharissa. Don't I wish.

3. sexierjess14

sexierjess14 Depressed Soul

Well I can't do it for every 2 sim minutes because I actually play the game in the fast mode, the highest speed lvl, because sometimes the sims take a LONG time to even prepare a salad :p

Maybe I should play at the normal speed so my sims wont end up dying :eek:

4. surprised_by_witches

I only speed it up if my sims are all trying to get skill points at the same time, and sometimes not even then.

Or if I'm playing someone in college and I'm bored. My sim Sylvie went through college in fast forward. I knew she'd be more interesting once she graduated, since I already had her life mapped out somewhat.

College can be a bit boring if you're already engaged to someone who's graduated, LOL. No chance for drama unless you want to cheat or something.

And I do like a little drama.

5. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

Glad someone mentioned the cheesecake. Since I got Nightlife I've only had one set of twins born, until yesterday when I had the sim eat almost an entire cake on her own. LOL So glad it worked!

I play my sims on all three speeds. I use pause every few seconds. LOL So that I have less chance of messing things up and high speed is used sporadically throughout, when I get impatient for them to do something. :D Usually I play most of my game on the second x2 speed.

When do you use the 'forcetwins' cheat? Before she shows her first "baby bump", when she goes into labor or at any time during the pregnancy?

Cass.

6. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

I haven't used it myself, but my guess would be anytime during the pregnancy, before labor starts.

7. AlisonSBurke

AlisonSBurke New Member

If you don't have OFB

Theres always the inSimenator, which you can download, and it works for me... I can't remember the website, but just google it and it'll come up.

I too am a pause-o-holic, and I have to take a picture every few seconds, which makes for very slow gameplay! If you're sick of twins, try quadruplets! I can cope with twins alright, but quads can be... interesting!

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Although it contradicts your own experience with 4 alien babies birth to the Curious sim you might like to know there is no twins cheat and never has been ... (Re your own experience I put that down as the xception that proves the rule :rolleyes: or a pre-patch bug :p )

http://forums.worldsims.org/showpost.php?p=101330&postcount=2

9. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

Mirelly, you must have missed my post and a few others' further up this thread... you are right in that there never was a twin cheat before, but OFB did in fact add a 'forcetwins' cheat - that's fact, not rumor.

10. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Hehehehehe....

YIKES!!! :ducks:

11. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Drat, drat and triple drat ... and you can shut up Muttley! If there's one thing I can't stand it's being wrong ... :eek:

Well said, Kit :D You can have the Coke that SBW says she owes me :rolleyes:

I have now edited my "definitive" post on the subject that was linked to above ... thanks again for reminding of that, Kit. Twins are something I often try to avoid (most often by filling up houses with temporary residents so that try for baby can only yield one) and although I have had half a dozen or so pairs I still hate it when it happens. So, poor excuse though it is, that's why I more or less instantly forgot about the new OFB cheat ... it wasn't something I was ever going to need and the only reason I knew about the cheesecake was because I need to be darn sure not to let my female sims anywhere near the stuff. :p

12. sexierjess14

sexierjess14 Depressed Soul

I can imagine them having implement the "forcequads" cheat .. OH the HORROR!! :eek: :eek: At least for me that is :rolleyes: :D

13. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

Yes, I won't be using the cheat either... I'd rather leave it up to chance. In fact I almost wish I didn't know about the cheesecake. I did download TwoJeffs' hack to change the cheesecake odds to 50% instead of 100% though, so maybe I'll just have to force myself to chance it. I have actually never had a set of twins yet. I wonder if Sims, particularly pregnant ones, ever roll wants for cheesecake... (I pretty much play based on what my Sims need and want.)

14. surprised_by_witches

I tried it, just cuz. I knew I wanted my sims to have two kids, and I thought, why not just get it all over with at once? So I had her eat cheesecake.

Guess I should haved named the kids Cheese and Cake, huh.

Twins isn't so bad, but when my first two babies after installing OFB turned out to be two sets of twins I panicked a little. Wouldn't want them EVERY time ... fortunately, other than Cheese and Cake I haven't had any others. :p

15. sailorchiiavalon

sailorchiiavalon Addicted to Sims 2!

I just had twins in my game. Ohh my gosh! These are the children of Lazlo Curious and Crystal Vu.

To go with the Vu theme, I named one Ocean and the other boy Tyler.

Luckily they turned into toddlers on their parents' day off so they now know talking and walking!

[​IMG]

Aren't they adorable?

16. surprised_by_witches

I want same sex twins! I've only ever had boy/girl twins.

They are cute. I've got a cute toddler in my game right now, too, but she's just one kid, not two. :D

17. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

I currently have a set of girl twins in one of my Legacy Families...They are children now, and have very different personalities, which I find a lot of fun!

Ironically, the only other set of twins I've had were in my other Legacy family (different neighborhood). They were a boy and girl set, however.

18. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL I have just had twin boys. The last set I had was twin girls and before that one of each. Talk about improbably balanced statistics :rolleyes:

Although no special measures were taken to ensure twins (had too many already :eek:) I couldn't resist naming the two new kids on the block:
    Edam
    [​IMG]

and

Madeira

[​IMG]

:rolleyes:

19. surprised_by_witches

LMAO! That's perfect.

20. sailorchiiavalon

sailorchiiavalon Addicted to Sims 2!

Lmao! Good names you've picked there Mirelly :)

I think I've had boy/boy, boy/girl and girl/girl. The two boys are obviously Ocean and Tyler, the boy/girl were offspring of Nina Caliente/Aiden Todd and the girl/girl were Kayla and Keira.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.